Annoying your partner *Official Thread*

13 year old nephew came round to walk the dogs with us the other week. he spotted a dalmation and was dead excited so gf decided to convince him that she couldnt see it, which we eventually escalated into dalmations not actually existing and having been invented for the film 101 dalmations. ive got to say, winding up 13 year old nephews is good

9 Likes

I’ve started using the hand claps to switch off the light that someone was talking about up thread, it’s going about as well as expected. :smiley:

The TV also loves to tell me how unfunny I am so after a joke dies on it’s arse I’ve started Mansplaining just why it was brilliant. There’s some quality irking going on.

Got a new one, have been practising my John bercoe impression ( in the shower) and now I use it (saying ‘order’ in really weird ways) to either announce my presence in the room or conversation.

19 Likes

I’ve started harmonising with the oven timer until she turns it off.

9 Likes

Clive does this already. Plus various male and female newsreaders (as previously mentioned).

1 Like

Quite a small one, but we’re watching a lot of Hell’s Kitchen at the moment and whenever anyone refers to him as Chef Ramsay I’ve been saying 'Jeff? I thought his name was Gordon?" and referring to him as Jeff Ramsay throughout. Seems to be working.

28 Likes

I have hung my Netrunner plaque up in the bedroom.

3 Likes

Unbelievable scenes, Chef.

8 Likes

@kermitwormit this is the natural progression from that universally hated songs thread

1 Like

Although it happened before it bc I try to stay away from this thread

God dank it

Very good work.

1 Like

Asking “comprender?”, usually after a very simple question or instruction. Simple and effective. Guaranteed to get me punched.

2 Likes

Maybe this one should just be changed to an all-purpose ‘Annoying your friends and family’ thread.

Have a new one. If she asks for a bottle of sparkling water I hold it up above my head and praise the Lord for blessing us with this sparkly goodness before handing it to her. I’m getting eye rolls now but I can see this going downhill.

5 Likes

Enjoying the real slow burners. For the last 3 months or so, every time an advert says ‘ATOL protected’ at the end I repeat ‘ATOL protected’ back to the television like I’ve been brainwashed. This isn’t a frequent occurrence, it only happens a few times a week I guess. The TV never even mentioned it before, no acknowledgement or anything, but today out of nowhere she snapped and screamed at me asking why I keep doing that stupid ATOL protected line all the time. Just gave her a puzzled look and turned back to the television

50 Likes

This has properly done me.

1 Like

Que? :thinking:

Never seen one, what a world!

1 Like

The trolley sticks to them with magic.

12 Likes