Annoying your partner *Official Thread*

:smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

Got some new ones.

• When we’re looking through Netflix trying to find something to watch I’ll pick up something we’ve totally rinsed and say “Oh, this is supposed to really good, heard good things about it” when we’ve finished it. This works really well with shows we’ve binged like Suits or Gilmore Girls. (This is a minor variation of many of my many annoyance-fodder)
  • My daughter is getting pretty annoyed with me read books to her. One we have is about a lost owl, so i’ll start Once there was an owl and it went to bed, then end" and start the night time routine. Man, I love dad jokes aimed at my 3 year old.
  • I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this before (maybe on old DiS) but when we are driving anywhere I’ll say “Oh, this is the way I go to work”. She laughs everytime.
  • Prerequisite - My wife is Canadian. I play the “Did you know they’re Canadian” with anyone, anytime, in any place. Even if they aren’t Canadian.
10 Likes

I like it when he starts something and then I latch on and take it to the extreme and then he’s dialed up.

Loads of people were having soup so he started joking about it being SoupANUARY and it’s dry soupANUARY. I then started saying “ooh it’s a bit coldANUARY isn’t it?” and “everyones getting a coffee. It must be coffANUARY”

He just said “this needs to stop”

10 Likes

I’m doing a lot of Toni Braxtoning; where I ask her to undo something she’s just done, to the tune of Unbreak My Heart.

Ungrate this cheese
Untie those shoes
Unwash your hair

etc.

24 Likes

Oh this is good.

I’ve started introducing my very bad Heather small impression into asking how her days been. Early signs are positive

4 Likes

I do this when I am asking for the heating to be turned down!!
I sing UNBOOST (we call putting the heating on a boost) THE HEATING
and I obviously go crazy when its SAY YOU’LL LOVE ME AGAINNNNN

5 Likes

:joy: yeah, you have to belt out the follow up line

1 Like

Can someone PLEASE set up a @anon44830896 and her boyfriend reality TV programme.

8 Likes

And I can be quite loud.

1 Like

We talk in our own language of in jokes and it would be no fun for anyone to watch.

Basically Gavin & Stacey, then?

1 Like

more Family Bants than partner Bants

Anyone can change anyone else’s Netflix profile name (that are on the same account)

Here’s what ours look like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFt883RiRbI/

6 Likes

Didn’t Livtheamazing1 use to post on OldDiS?

not sure - but I think it gives away who last changed them all

I am “Massive Turd”

I was going to notify the mods and see if you could get your tagline on here changed, but I fear it backfiring.

And the username thing was a reference to a couple of legendary DiSers ashleeINCREDIBLE06 and vickiFABULOUS

1 Like

My housemates Netflix has “Parasite 1” and “parasite 2”

3 Likes

My sister has me as a nickname I really hate being called. Suppose it’s fair enough as she’s the one paying for it.

I pronounce the silent ‘b’ in words like thumb and plumber. Simple, subtle and drives her absolutely up the wall.

5 Likes

hopefully the word subtle also gets this treatment

5 Likes