Annoying your partner *Official Thread*

Just woke up the gf to ask her if she ever thinks that my toiletries bag looks a bit like my main bag’s baby.

6 Likes

My morning singing of “I need a poo” to the tune of Beethoven’s 5th is her earworm today, so I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself.

12 Likes

Holiday edition:

This is me.

1 Like

Every time I feed the baby I talk to her in a Pythonesque French accent about the food she is eating, it’s seasonality, preparation methods etc with each meal becoming increasingly more extravagant. What was mildly amusing at first is now inspiring rage in the TV which makes it EVEN MORE SATISFYING. It’s the little things that get you through this sweet sleep deprived time.

7 Likes

Also shouting “I’m poopin here!” in the style of Adam Devine in Workaholics if she walks in on me changing the baby is really irritating her.

3 Likes

I read Jimbo one of his night time books in an Irish accent last night and he spent the whole time shouting “stop it!” inbetween laughing.

4 Likes

Love doing books like this. I did the Gruffalo in a gruff cockney accent so much my daughter started calling a mouse a “maaaaahs” and “braaahn” instead of brown.

14 Likes

My celebrity knowledge is quite poor so for a while I’ve been asking ‘who’s that?’ whenever a semi-recognisable face appeared on a perfume/hair care ad. Have extended this into all adverts now and the tv really lost her shit when I asked her who the Vagisil woman was.

16 Likes

Keep chromecasting this

whilst she’s trying to watch her shows

18 Likes

I do a similar thing - whenever I hear an accent that I can’t quite recognise I ask Clive (who’s from Edinburgh), “Is he Scottish?”

https://twitter.com/mumsnet_madness/status/1006236846970556416

2 Likes

Definitely not a mega fan…

what the fuck happens on a Harry Potter Tour? Or does she mean going round Harry Potter world?

READ ANOTHER BOOK THERE ARE FUCKING MILLIONS OF THEM

14 Likes

Jesus.

my gf is a massive harry potter fan and if she even suggested this i would leave her

9 Likes

If you replaced Harry Potter with Radiohead and posted this on the Music Board ten years ago, people would be saying it’s time to break up.

5 Likes

Grown adults who are really, REALLY into Harry Potter creep me out.

7 Likes

…“Oh he’ll have someone’s eye out running with that wand!” during a sad bit

has done me

5 Likes

REALLY into anything