Annoying your partner *Official Thread*

*books about children

Why would an adult want to read a book about children? I bloody can’t stand the little creatures.

IT’S YOUNG ADULT FICTION GODAMMIT!

1 Like

Why would a human want to read a book about rabbits?!

Because they’re literary classics (the CS Lewis ones I mean). Not that I’m saying you would enjoy them I just mean there’s nothing weird about reading those books or Harry Potter.

Also, this guy in the Mumsnet thread sounds like a fucking KING NERD so sounds weirdly precious that he won’t spend a couple hours reading a nerd book his wife loves to find out what it’s all about. Whereas the likes of @anon29812515 who won’t touch Harry Potter at least seem consistently to find zero joy in anything like Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Marvel etc. so I can well believe he couldn’t stick a Harry Potter book.

It’s alright. All your and @Xylo’s altercation is deleted now.

2 Likes

I have read and watched GoT (to diminishing returns) and have always been a Star Wars fan. (Marvel is pretty gash though, last Thor one was alright but I fucking detest Iron Man). Plus I am very much enjoying reading the HP books with the family. My wife and I read alternate chapters. I shit all over her with the voices though. “It must be Daddy’s turn to read!”. Wouldn’t read them by myself though as they are a bit shit, I would much rather reread His Dark Materials if I am going children’s.

4 Likes

Guys, I started another thread on this to stop this derailment as this thread is gold and these replies are not.

7 Likes

Okay, do you want me to shunt replies over there at all? Actually, fuck that you can do it yourself. Click the spanner icon on the top right.

Nah, merging’s excessive, it’s all just my opinion and I’m an idiot.

2 Likes

You might be an idiot but you’re right.

Clive has been annoying me this afternoon. He just texted me the following (from New York):

I stumbled into the wrong room at the Stonewall Inn and now I have food poisoning.

Upon questioning him it turned out that he’d just woken up, hungover and then took a handful of Tylenol on the dumb assumption that six would work three times as well as two.

I told him he was an idiot and shouldn’t speak to me again until he comes back to London.

2 Likes

We went to Tim Horton’s on holiday and got some TimBits.

The lady being the counter picked up two TimBits at once and bf said it made him wince a bit cause it was like she was grabbing 2 balls.

Ever since then, I refer to his balls as his TimBits.

“Go on! Show us your TimBits!!”

7 Likes

I sing “you are always in my way” to the tune of “you are always on my mind” when she is in the way. I can sing both lines of the chorus with real gusto and reach a crescendo if she is particularly in my way.

16 Likes

She hid a bunch of gemstone things (that she presumably stole from the school she works at) under my pillow last night and was sniggering about it when I got into bed. Told me that a “dragon did a poo under your pillow” when I woke up this morning having felt them during the night and placed them on the floor calmly.

As long as she’s happy…

8 Likes

Particularly effective if they cannot help but be in the way. If stuck, or cleaning up baby sick or something.

Getting a lot of mileage from calling her ‘slippy discs’ in this trying time. Simple but effective.

I know someone like this and they still keep asking me why when I did the sorting house, test it came out as Slytherin.

Really ramped this up recently but if we’re watching something and a character is having an emotional moment and crying I’ll say ‘what’re they laughing at?’

13 Likes

As we rolled into a packed Sainsbury’s car park on Saturday, Don’t Believe the Hype came on the radio. I cranked it big style and wound down all the windows.

10 Likes