Annoying your partner *Official Thread*

I’m really liking ‘OTOH’ nice one, Theo

3 Likes

It fit my own rigourous internal standard of not actually inconveniencing or hurting her, or causing her physical discomfort or mental anguish. My conscience is clear.

Also I discovered this morning that she got me back by deliberately mismatching all of my socks.

6 Likes

Oh I’d love to do this and I’d probably find it hilarious if it was done to me,

Offer to help out next time you’re round at his. The ol’ bait and switch.

Oh also yesterday she crossed the road directly in front of my car at some traffic lights, so obviously I stuck my tongue out at her and flipped the double bird while she was crossing.

She didn’t notice me and a cyclist gave me proper evils, so 1-0 her, I guess.

2 Likes

He seemed to have a small bee in his bonnet this morning when unpacking the washing from the dryer to find 3 items of mine.
He made a comment about how he’d found them on the floor.
I just ignored him.

This is why I have only black socks, all identical. HAH HAH!

(Not that my wife would ever do this.)

About the only thing we ever do to each other that counts for this thread is deliberately picking stupid cutlery.

“Do you want a fork or a spoon?”
“Fork please.”
Turn round to find the massive wooden fork from the salad tossing set on my plate

13 Likes

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to sneak in gradually increasing numbers of your clothes into his washing each week.

This is an excellent idea. She’s getting the ladle the next time she requests a fork and spoon like a massive baby.

2 Likes

My wife and her family have a very mild scouse twinge to their accents (normally evident when they get angry!). They say ‘lorra’ instead of ‘lot of’ etc.

I take the piss out of her/them by doing a terrible Adam Buxton as the queen impression.

Ah i’ve been doing this for ages now. He used to bag it up and give it back to me to wind me up.

He did not like that I complained about my bedside drawers (yes I have a designated bedside drawer set) being too full to house the clothes I leave at his house now.

i sing all star by smash mouth in various forms daily

1 Like

Big fan of that one.

‘Can you pass me the laptop’
Holds up magazine
‘No the laptop’
Holds up mug of tea
‘THE FUCKING LAPTOP’

The Simpsons has a lot the answer for,

3 Likes

That is a dad joke if ever i’ve heard it

1 Like

My bf is winding me up by no longer biting to my wind ups :cry:

4 Likes

I repeat what she says back to her in an English accent that is best described as Bart Simpson reading out the lines to the play he wrote when he broke his leg.

Except that’s basically how most English people sound to me anyway so it’s not really a joke.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sock chat (rolling)

This is not the sock thread.

Edit: but I do have a lot to say about socks if you want to start a spin off.

1 Like

I do this.

‘Oh good, black socks’

Get them home and realise they are slightly different to and incompatible with existing socks.

1 Like

You’re right, my apologies.

To get this back on track, my gf has recently added an extremely smug grin to her already well-established singing like a Disney princess constantly schtick, she’s also started furiously denying that she only does it to annoy me to the point where she actually gets mad at me for suggesting it so I’m spending a lot of my home life extremely happy at the minute.

1 Like