Annoying your partner *Official Thread*

Gf always says she’d like a memorial bench somewhere nice and I always says ‘Ok I’ll get you one….outside Wishaw Tesco’ where she used to work at school/uni

12 Likes

Always thought that a more cost effective approach would be to just buy the memorial plaque and attach it to a a bench of your choosing. Once it’s on, I can’t see anyone removing it. Unless there’s some central database of memorial bench plaques that I’m not familiar with…

6 Likes

bench klaxon

There is! The only way to locate benches in fact (having contacted several councils asking if there’s a list of non memorial ones)

5 Likes

Yup, now going down a rabbithole on benches. Expensive business :open_mouth:

https://www.barnet.gov.uk/parks-sport-and-leisure/parks-open-spaces-and-trees/memorial-benches

2 Likes

Nobody’s going to know though, are they?

Unless it’s somebody’s job to check benches for unauthorised plaques.

If this isn’t one of @anon45164313 's many side hustles, then I’m santa

11 Likes

Honourable benchion

4 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve shared this but my colleague does an annual yarn bomb of the bench where she was sitting when her mam died.

5 Likes

still doing this week after week and it’s become a part of our lives.

So much so that I was relieved to see this news item recently: https://tinyurl.com/y36vvhws

4 Likes

Park rangers check everything in the park at least weekly for health and safety reasons so you would get rumbled

Not so much annoying partner as annoying everybody, but whenever someone asks “what are you reading?” I invariably reply “a book”

2 Likes

Wor Lass has very kindly started hanging my washing up if I do laundry on a weekday because she works mostly from home and I’m mostly out.

She knows all of the hangers in my wardrobe hang the same way and she laughs at me for it but she’s deliberately hanging them the other way to mess with me.

Either that, or she doesn’t care and I’m paranoid.

5 Likes

Oh didn’t realised this was a thing.

Have a photo of my sat on it my raincoat in the pissing rain somewhere

1 Like

I shop there

two of my old housemates when i lived in wrexham spent a week walking to south wales, camping along the way. when they got there (can’t remember where they went) they fixed a plaque they’d had made before they left to a random bench and got the train home. it just said “in memory of greg and adam” coz that was their names

16 Likes

For anyone out there struggling to come up with things when full of beer and cheese or whatever at this demanding time of year for partner annoying, i have four simple yet effective words:

sustained Benoit Blanc impression

7 Likes

I jokingly told Wor Lass that her head looked like Ving Rhames’ after she made ‘prominent businessman’ comment and she has upcycled it to this:

2 Likes

B accidentally set the fire alarm off at work today.

Already got the Fireman Sam theme set up and ready to play when she walks in. :sunglasses:

18 Likes

My husband is ginger so very much enjoying every night saying “getting into bed with my ginger prince!!!” referring to my Prince Harry book :blush::blush::blush:

27 Likes

My partner had a dream last night that she’d just woken up and her phone clock said it was 9pm, and when she asked me why I’d not woken her up for work, I told her I wasn’t her alarm clock. Then it turned out it was only 8am and if just changed the clock.

Pretty annoyed I didn’t do this IRL tbh