Another Pizza Thread

Hi pizza lovers,

I know there’s been a million pizza threads, here’s another one!!

May I please have your recommended pizza dough recipes, your tomato sauce recipes, any toppings you prefer.

Also, pizza stones. I might get one. Does anyone have a paddle? I’m thinking GBBO may have had an effect.

Scissors

My favourite topping combo is tuna, pineapple and black olive, but there’s only one thing I don’t like on pizza: bbq sauce.

Thursday’s not til tomorrow, Witches

Favourite topping, go:

• Mushrooms
  • Jalapenos
  • Black Olives
  • Chcken
  • Pepperoni
  • Pineapple
  • Ham
  • Posh ham (prosciutto etc)
  • Fried egg
  • Onion
  • Green peppers
  • Red peppers
  • Something else

0 voters

Yeah BBQ sauce is an abomination. I absolutely hate it on pizza.

Love it on loads of other stuff, though.

Christ here we go again

Best new pizza combo I’ve had recently was goat’s cheese and rhubarb - an incredibly tasty flavour combo :+1:

made pizzas from scratch at a really shit gabber festival in surrey for a day once. was awful, and woud never consider making my own pizza again.

preferred pizza is a thin crust four cheese, with added black olives and sweetcorn.

cheers.

Should have made this public so as to mock anyone who picks pineapple or fried egg.

I don’t think we can have too many pizza threads. I’ve gradually upped my game from buying a basic cheese and tomato pizza base and sticking a load of ingredients on top :joy:

Currently:

DOUGH - I use roughly 3:1 strong white bread flour:semolina
SAUCE - passata or blitzed tinned tomatoes, slowly stewed with some oregano and seasoning
TOPPINGS - nothing too wet. Plenty of cured meat.
PIZZA STONES - yeah, they come in handy.

I remember you sharing a photo of this. Im sure you looked pretty happy if I remember right. You should definitely make your own pizza again.

I bet you have a pizza stone AND a paddle. You look like the type.

Don’t want to blow my own trumpet but the haggis and stilton one I made a couple of months ago was well nang. Really pining for the truffle oil and sage one that Crate do :yum:

Fucking yes!! I need to do this. Haggis on everything please.

peppers, shrooms and chillis cheers

The flavour combo that I’ve not been able to sell to anyone else - was at a design your own pizza place (Mamma’s in Grassmarket for any Edinboro DiSers) and opted for prawns, mackrel and blue cheese. Everyone thought it sounded disgusting but it was LUSH :pizza: :heart: :+1:

Anchovies, olives and chili for that puttanesca flavour, yum.

Haha I don’t actually, although hisnis perhaps something I should remedy :grinning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFMVW71bDmQ