Answering the door

I do normally always answer the doors these days. Don’t really have a problem with telling someone I’m not interested if its a saleperson or RELIGION.

Phones though: I don’t pick up if I don’t know the number.

2 Likes

My doorbell is the same and I feel the same way

1 Like

Why would you not pick up the phone when you can put it down no consequence, but answer a door!

I have one of those viewhole things, so can see who it is. I once saw a film where a hitman shot someone through there, just as they were looking through. I have no idea what film it was, but I think of that scene probably 50% of the time I use it.

6 Likes

I have no idea, it’s one of those totally irrational things innit

Do you ever use your door chain?

• Chain On
  • Chain Off

0 voters

What’s the cut off year for millennial?

I usually answer it. Last 10 knocks has consisted of 1 knock from Labour canvasser, 1 knock from person who was looking for their cat, 8 knocks by the prick next door with some annoying request.

I heard it was quite common for robbers to buzz all the doorbells on a communal block and if no one answer they will break through the communal front door and burgle all the flats. So it has made me a bit paranoid about it when my buzzer goes and I am not expecting anyone. Especially when I am having sick day!

Common issue. You just need to stand to the side of the door, with your shoulder to the door frame and hold your gun at arms length facing the viewhole.

I think its demonstrated quite well in Leon.

Doesn’t the phone software register that you’ve picked up and makes you more likely to get more calls, or is this absolute guff?

Born between 1980 and 1995 (with some leeway either way).

Always answer the door.

Usually these days it’s some mug trying to get us a cheaper energy supplier. I was hungover once recently and let them take me through the whole process. Bloke was talking out of his arse and it turns out if we switched we would save £7 a year so rang them back to sack it all off.

I’m a millenial but actual millenials feel like they’re all around 10 years younger than me

2 Likes

They might be 15 years younger than you!

I also have a “spy hole” and this also comes into my head when I use it.

I feel like it’s either from Leon or Bad Boys 2.

1 Like

Only time I wouldn’t answer is if it’s angry neighbour. He just jumps the fence anyway

This is a good tip, cheers.

Also this reminds of me that when I was around 10 I watched an episode of Crimewatch round my friend’s house, which featured a story of man opening the door only to be blown away by a guy with a shotgun. He was still on the loose. This fucked me up for awhile afterwards – every time the door bell rang I pretty much assumed it was going to be a stranger with a gun intending to indiscriminately kill whoever answered the door.

1 Like

I think it might be quite a common scene in action type films - happens in Hard Target and The Long Kiss Goodnight too…

1 Like

whatever, they’re not getting in my door anyway

All i know is that they all drink protein shakes.