Ant and Dec --Ant

Newman and Baddiel? The bloke who was the partner of the one who is in outnumbered… To a lesser extent Lee and Herring.

There was an article about this in guardian the other day.

Really good piece, this:

3 Likes

That’s the one!

My main thought on Ant and Dec was who the hell goes all the way to Disneyland to sit and watch that show? Baffling. Lot of adverts as well, can normally only last ten minutes watching…
Seem nice enough mind.

1 Like

Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis still do the Now Show on R4 together.

Yeah, I’m an utter cynic but I’ve always quite liked them. Can easily imagine in another universe being their mates.

this was a bit disappointing

I remember when Ant went blind on Byker Grove. Always wear your goggles when paintballing!

3 Likes

Biggest disparities seem to be when someone goes to America and makes a success of it like John Oliver did.

Hope you’re paying your license fee still. :smiley:

You can’t pay a licence fee in another country. You can’t access iPlayer stuff or use any of the apps so I guess you can only listen to the radio via online streams but I don’t bother :frowning:

1 Like

Andy Zaltzman and John Oliver’s paths have gone in very different directions. I’m sure Richard Herring has had other ‘less successful halves the double act’ on his podcast, but I’m struggling to remember which ones. Adam Buxton! Of course. Joe Cornish might not exactly be a household name but he’s doing alright for himself. It is quite funny to hear Richard Herring repeatedly insist that he’d rather have his career than Stewart Lee’s and he’s not at all bitter about it.

There was a time when Rob Newman looked like he was eating out of a dustibin, but he seems okay now.

1 Like

I actually liked it! But expectations were low.

Yes I do.

Stephen Mulheard has started talking like Ricky Gervais etc.

heard wrong

Did I read correctly that ants mum was in the car with him when he crashed? Weird if true

Yes.
I guess it depends on whether she was aware/ complicit. When I was in the throes of substance addiction, the first thing I learned was how to hide it (or at least the extent of it) from those closest to me. I highly doubt the news reports that had him staggering about blootered while his mum looked on. Although of course, who the hell knows?

1 Like

I know this isn’t funny but

1 Like

So he was twice the legal limit when breathalysed.

I know alcohol affects everyone different and this is a stupid question but to be twice over the limit for the average person that’s about 4 pints or so right?

“Police are appealing for witnesses”

1 Like