Anti-child prejudice

wait, have I accidentally sided with the hateful misanthropes? Can we start again?

1 Like

Tbf if I reallly stop and think there’s no one I know who hates children. Even ‘objectionable’ souls encountered by those who work with them tend to be thought of as in need of help.

Reported

6 Likes

The problem with kids is that they always try to walk it in

1 Like

Don’t be mean or im sending the battle tanks

hqdefault

4 Likes

Anti-Child Prejudice would make a good name for a Power Electronics group.

12 Likes

In a way I think we’re saying it’s parents who are the pits. In a way. That’s certainly what seems to be being inferred by many here.

Anyway I’d better get off to work!

I think she’s talking about child abusers/molesters rather than people who simply hate kids.

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1302986034746208257

It’s a fully embarrassing take to make with the racism comment too but also because she’s not been clear with what she’s actually talking about and simply saying people who hate kids are the same racists.

4 Likes

My ex used to actively go on about how she despised children. She’s a teacher now.

1 Like

A fair number of people, including parents, forget or conveniently ignore that children are people. There is a very rich seam of parenting books that rely on this and it’s vile IMO.

As you say, it’s a bit :grimacing: to compare prejudice against children with racism. The childism experienced by a black or white child may be different but does definitely exist for both.

4 Likes

I don’t know how deep it is really.

1. We’re all in a secret unspoken state of semi-permanent low level anxiety and find everyone else mildly annoying or inconveniencing. Children have a heightened likelihood of being annoying because they are completely innocent and unbroken into social etiquette so they do what they want, act how they want, say what they want.

2. Anyone who has these feelings is still likely to feel a lot of innate love and warmth and protectiveness as soon as, for example, you meet a friend’s child, or a child interacts with you.

Basically everyone’s dream is to lie face down and for all of the noise and stress to stop and children impinge on that a bit, little rascals.

10 Likes

Pity the children.

I like most kids, they’re funny. I want to work with them when I eventually get qualified.

But I feel the same way about children that I feel about men, I enjoy their company, I will laugh at them, but I don’t want them in my house

18 Likes

You know people who constantly talk about how absolutely wonderful their kids are? (There’s loads of them)

Do you reckon your parents used to talk about you like that? Fairly sure mine didn’t.

1 Like

hmmm

1 Like

FTFY

1 Like

I remember that, it was almost quite comical how much it bothered them

That’s beautiful, goo

2 Likes

Good God no