(Anticipated, or desirable?) Cultural Changes You Will/Would Like to Observe, 2022 - 2032

More restaurants letting you pay first so you can leave as soon as you’re finished like at Nando’s.

11 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about that, there are obviously lots of issues with judging people based on their outfits but they can be really handy for identifying those with common interests and identities which can create a kind of security I think.

As someone who has been completely invisible (or, on occasion, visible as a figure of fun because of my weight and appearance), wearing distinctive clothing and accessories has been absolutely revolutionary for my sense of self worth and confidence. I do worry about being judged but it pales in comparison to the conviction I have in my choices and how cool I look. It takes power away from those who would seek to belittle me because of my weight and gives me a means by which to take ownership and pride in my appearance

13 Likes

Some means by which you can identify dodgy sellers when you are searching for items on Google shopping. I would like to filter out Shein and Wish and other shysters and see legitimately sized clothes.

Also a way of turning off adverts for clothes if the store doesn’t run your size. Yeah Wolf and Badger you’ve got lovely clothes but out of 11,000 items only 3 are above a size 18.

4 Likes

A change I’d like to see is a change in focus, so that the generation aged 15-30 is listened to and catered towards as much (if not more!!) as the generation aged 50-70 is now

Dunno how this is achieved (probably violent revolution?!)

1 Like

really hope Ash Sarkar stops using ‘bald’ as a shorthand for rightwing people/word used in mockery.

8 Likes

Desirable - fewer emails sent to my personal email address. It’s all fucking promotions and adverts. Loads of them. Worrying from an environmental perspective but it makes searching for anything important using keywords an absolute chore.

Ditto that

1 Like

yeah. and i’m aware it’s obv something we all slip up on without thinking, obv being bald and being aware how many far right skinheads there are always therefore specifically makes my eye twitch when it’s used like that.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Pervo. Absolutely not here for challenging anyone’s experiences of this sort of thing. It makes me so sad that you or anyone else would ever feel invisible, I guess my stance is that “fashion and beauty” is more of a cause than a solution but that’s a stance that is based on a totally nonsensical “my experience is the universal experience” perspective which is obviously absurd.

I guess I’m just being fundamentally simplistic about something very complex so apologies for that.

2 Likes

Realistically speaking, an overhaul to worker’s rights due to the explosion of vacancies. Green technology becoming more effective and cheaper/easier to use. Trickier one but the gradual grassroots swell away from the current incredibly toxic silicon valley e-commerce culture, maybe with enhanced tax and privacy laws, and hopefully the implosion of the sillier bits of crypto.
Oh and the mainstreamification of Big Pints.

3 Likes

More pedestrianised local business enclaves in suburbs and less focus on the CBD/‘high Street shops’

3 Likes

same. tbf would really like to see less Vape-Shops-Clearly-Set-Up-For-Money-Laundering

1 Like

I guess this is a more eloquent summation of what I mean, I think.

Off for a nice relaxing bit of central business district oil

4 Likes

also known as ‘pizza express theory’

1 Like

Beer cans to be 330ml by default. Draught beer to be 2/3 pint by default

5 Likes

No.

4 Likes

more of those cute little 250ml cans for strongk beers

2 Likes

Wait just checked, actually ‘yes’

1 Like