Any albums that you don't skip a single track on?

What’s with all the threads?

1 Like

I’m quite bored at work. Soz for posting messages on a messageboard m8 x

Pretty much everything. There’s a track on Dookie I can’t stand and actively skip whenever I hear it, but I can’t remember when I last listened to that album anyway.

don’t skip the (second or third, I haven’t actually ranked them) best track on the album!

(you can do what you want, of course)

1 Like

Pretty much every album I’ve ever liked enough to want to back to and listen to again.

Probably a better question for DiS is what tracks DO you skip?

I always skip theme from retro on blurs st record because it’s terrible

Harvest by Neil young is one of my favourite albums, but I always skip ‘man needs a maid’ and ‘theres a world’. Two exquisitely awful tracks. Was a pain when I had it on tape In my parents car :grin:

1 Like

I should probably give it a shot again, it’s been a really long time. I just remember that riff and a lot of moaning, but worst of all that dial tone (using phones noises in songs is one of my top pet peeves, I can’t really explain why). It’s weird because I love everything else they and Kyuss have done.

1 Like

Again I don’t actually skip it but would be happy to skip La La Love You on Doolittle as it would be a pretty much perfect album without it

1 Like

I skip End Game from Reputation because fucking hell Taylor what were you thinking

1 Like

This question has really put me on the spot.

Thought of another one, Drugs or Me on Jimmy Eat World’s Futures. Just a bizarre misfire from a great band. You can tell they wanted another Hear You Me but forced it and came up with an after school special.

again, i sort of don’t skip it on principle, but there’s a track on Young Team that’s really dangerously loud that i feel like skipping or at least turning down the volume on.

also that Holly Herndon ASMR track

1 Like

With Portfolio, perchance? It’s an ear-bleeder for sure :smiley:

I rarely if ever skip tracks when I’m listening to albums, which involves 90-odd% of my listening. I do have playlists for certain artists that cherry-pick my favourite songs, but that’s a different beast entirely.

1 Like

yeah haha. can’t be dealing with high pitched squealing like that.

I’ve done the same thing many a time, I must admit :wink:

I find ‘Electric Phase’ on Spiritualized’s Pure Phase the same - it’s so much louder and squealier than the rest of the album I rarely get through it without skipping…

1 Like

I’ve always liked La La Love You, wouldn’t say it’s one of the better tracks on Doolittle but it’s catchy and quite weird like pretty much the rest of the album

It’s no Dead though, of course

probably should have been a B-side. far too whimsical and soppy for the album

It does sound more like a B-side now you mention it, especially with neither francis or kim singing it - think it’s the drummer ?

it is, and they ALWAYS play it live these days too :confused:

nice to let him sing one though

1 Like