Any interest in a thread about (light-hearted) childhood disappointments?

Toys you wanted but never got, underwhelming trips to attractions etc etc

• Yeah, I’d be up for that I guess
  • Nah, not for me at the minute
  • FUCKING YES!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR! LET’S FUCKING GO!!!
  • I think it’s the wrong time for a thread like this, wait for the Autumn
  • I think it’s the wrong time for a thread like this, wait for Winter
  • I think it’s the wrong time for a thread like this, wait for Spring
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 voters

Stretch Armstrong. Always wanted. Never got. Never even felt the guy’s rubbery skin.

5 Likes

I NEVER GOT A MR FROSTY

3 Likes

Hope he’s doing alright wherever he is

Spent 45m trying to swap my Casper ps1 videogame for a Crash Bandicoot. Stall guy was having none of it, and looking back, rightly so. Still an arsehole.

3 Likes

Was always rubbish when you wanted something so badly but your parents couldn’t afford it, then you went to a richer kid’s house and they had it but couldn’t be arsed to play with it.

7 Likes

But seriously, when I was really young the toy of the year was called a Secret Keeper, a plastic animal that you unlocked their back with a plastic key and you could hide stuff inside. I desperately wanted the pink or purple one, but my ‘santa’ was only able to find the orange one because they’d all sold out. Apparently I was gutted (although I still loved it and played with it for ages).

2 Likes

Wanted a monster in my pocket set for xmas but got micro machines instead. Remember being very put out by that because my friend ryan already had an outstanding collection and I had a lot of ground to make up. It was quite the setback.

Very glad I never had a Scalextric though, what a boring bunch of shit they were.

Not mine but I remember the story of a cruel joke my uncle pulled: getting my cousins really excited about the prospect of going to a wondrous sounding place called “Future World” which, upon arriving to the car park, revealed itself to be a furniture outlet called Fuschia World

7 Likes

Asked for Every Christmas, never got

11 Likes

Was going to my 1st ever McDonalds birthday party (the one in the actual section for parties not just going with your pals and one of their mums for a happy meal) and was so excited, but I threw up just before going and my mum made me stay at home :sob:

3 Likes

Never got to go on holiday as a kid which was a bit disappointing but now i’m not really fussed on travel so I guess that’s that.

1 Like

Strongly believe that they don’t exist in the real world and were an invention of Big Catalogue to fill page space.

3 Likes

My parents, on the other hand, once made a detour on the way home from a holiday to stop at a place called Otter Nurseries. Doing so in good faith because the brown road sign had a picture of an otter on it.

We were all disappointed that it was just a garden centre

I cried when I had my first ever McDonalds on accounts of some raw onion.

3 Likes

Sorry @Antpocalypsenow is this the actual thread or merely the thread where you gauge interest? Just want to know if I should be saving all of this primo content for later.

1 Like

Always wanted a cat but my dumb brother was too boisterous and I had to wait for him to grow up. I was 15 when he was 9 and finally allowed to get my cat. He still terrorised the cat, and even though that cat died when my bro was 22 and much more mature, my brother was never forgiven by the cat who always treated him with mistrust and or contempt. RIP my furry, petty son :sob:

3 Likes

This, I’m not willing to share anecdotes until we have clarification.

Yeah, ideally this would have just been to gauge interest but feels like that would be shutting the door after the horse has already gone outside at this point

1 Like