Any New Year's resolutions?

any new year’s resolutions?

8 Likes

Stop saying sorry when I’m not sorry
Read more books
Run more

Last years New Years resolution was to no longer scoot across the seats when getting in a car. Massively succeeded and regularly shouted “I don’t scoot” if someone opened a car door for me

8 Likes

what was the reason for the no scooting one?

blag somebody into buying me a Hamilton ticket

get a better haircut

stop buying avocados all the time, too expensive

Just don’t like it
Kind of annoys me so just decided one day I didn’t wanna do it any more

fair enough! i can’t remember the last time i had to do it but then i don’t very often travel in a car that’s got more than one passenger/am normally the one driving

sometimes it’s nice to realise that you have control over whether you do something you don’t like - it sounds silly but a number of years ago i made a decision that i’m never getting a ferry anywhere ever again, because i hate it and on childhood holidays my parents always made me but now they can’t. this was after i got talked into getting a ferry to france against my better judgement. never again!

1 Like

Yes! That’s exactly what it is! Im old enough to decide I don’t want to scoot any more so I’m not scooting!!

Fuck ferries. I won’t get on a coach any more. I hate them and give me bad travel sick memories

2 Likes

yeah coaches too. fuck that

Same as always…

Read less; write more
Stop making plans when I’m drunk

New addition from the other thread and not really a resolution but…

Get a Like from marckee

(Oh, and also - Give up smoking: achieved!)

2018 will be the year of @bluto

I plan to:
lose 25kg
become a qualified accountant
listen to all the new albums that come out at the time and not frantically catch up at the end of the year
buy a flat
care about my job ( or get another)
read more
just generally try new stuff more often
be more appreciative

plan to make a thread to track it. cheers

Hereby vetoed by OP

1 Like
  • get fit (obviously wont do this)
  • meditate twice a day again (might do this for a week or two before sacking it off again)
  • thinking about getting rid of a lot of my belongings including vinyl (bout 6 beers deep, doubt i’ll ever remember i thought about doing this)
  • get a doge (will do this)
2 Likes

Bumping this now it’s actually NYE

Doge! What kind?

My friend and I have resolved to get into playing board games, lol. Any recommendations for newbs?

dunno yet, we’re gonna rescue so not too set on breeds. we’re not allowed anything too big though so thinking a terrier or a labradoodle or something. :dog:

might actually make some this year
go to bed earlier
exercise more
that’ll probably do, right?

just going to try really really hard at everything

3 Likes

Learn to cook another few recipes well
Stop smoking
Find an exercise I’d like to do
Read more books
Get a part time job
Get a real job after I finish my MA
If I get a real job buy a dinner for my family

Only a few of these will happen :neutral_face: 2017 has been a bit of a wheelspining year, need to get out tbh

Lose the weight i just put on over xmas, and get an actual job to go with my shiny new useless masters.