Any of you fuckers a toastmaster or a member of a debating club or anything at all like that

Cos I’m a mouthy twat and need a place to run free.

Also I find every now and again I have a problem speaking - even though it’s what I could possibility call in the most self indulgent way possible a strength of mine - I’ve got a mental block about it. Every now and again it’s like my power is removed. I have to fight to FUCK to speak properly when in a meeting or room.

Other times I boss it like a boss.

Need to go somewhere and actually work on this skill. As un-British as this sounds. I genuinely believe it’s holding me back.

So anyone do anything like this?

Zero replies? Or worse - two token replies (the dreaded TTR).

No, I’m not.

3 Likes

@anon44830896

1 Like

NO PLATFORM

3 Likes

Was it full of cool switched on cunts or terrible nerdy cunts? Or just cunts.

Basically. Tell me.

Zuul seeks the toastmaster

3 Likes

what’s it holding you back from doing? winning arguments on DiS?

2 Likes

have you still not read the essay!?

I’m not going to lie to you

let’s have a practice argument now. what would you like to argue about?

Lexit, pros and cons

It’s hard. I know i’m a big ol’ lefty at heart but when i hear people with comparable views airing them publically my overbearing thoughts aren’t along the lines of “Great, a similarly-minded human being with reasoned opinions i can relate to”, but more “What a fucking smarmy twat”. My self-loathing runs that deep.

6 Likes

:smiley:

No, I argue with people for a living. Mostly in writing, though. Some oral (snrk) proceedings.

My first university girlfriend was a member of the debating society and dragged me along a few times. At St Andrews. Whatever you’re now imagining: it was much, much worse than that.

1 Like

man, that’s the dream

2 Likes

NO IT ISN’T YOU SHIT CUNT

See? I’m a pro.

1 Like

this isn’t argument, it’s just contradiction!

I disagree, because you are wrong.

This isn’t amateur hour, eric.

Oh mate.

Don’t worry @ericthefourth that’s one of my favourites too.

2 Likes

i’d rather discuss ps1 vs n64 the world made more sense to me as a wee lad in 1995

3 Likes