Any of you pricks got valuable antiques?

Same yeah.

I don’t think there are any family heirlooms since I dropped the Limoges pottery piece my mum inherited.

My parents bought a few pieces of antique furniture before they retired, but they’re probably worth about as much as the IKEA equivalent these days.

There’s a signed Matt Le Tissier book in our house that should fetch a fiver at a push

I have an original pressing of MARRS ‘Pump Up the Volume b/w Anastasia’ which goes for about £15 on eBay… I bought it for a cool £1 in the bargain bin

So the answer is No

i have a commemorative plate of Celtic’s 1913-14 season

probably worth £40

Almost

In 1959 Marc Chagall began work on 12 stained glass windows depicting the 12 tribes of Israel at a hospital in Jerusalem

To commemorate their unveiling in 1962 his gallery in Paris produced a limited run of reproductions of the windows on ceramic tiles (300 I think - 25 complete sets). My grandad - a Holocaust survivor - bought a whole set and gave six of them to my dad & six of them to my aunt (dad’s sister). They were each mounted on a rectangle of Israel cedar and the six we had in our house were mounted on the wall going up the stairs when I was a kid

over a period of time a couple of them got knocked off the wall and broken (so got put in a drawer) but there were 4 pristine ones

(my aunts 6 got stolen when they were burgled in the early 90s)

When my mum and dad divorced (after 40 years) and my dad moved to Israel with his new wife he was shortly after diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He promised me that when he went I could have the Chagall ceramics. He died 6 months later and his new wife was like ‘no, we threw all that stuff out, it was old.’

Worth about £4,500 each these days apparently

I later found out from my mum that my dad had a bunch of stuff that belonged to my great-grandfather - gold & diamond cufflinks, a gold wedding ring that belonged to my great-great grandmother that was some fancy Russian thing from the 1860s - & so on that my great-grandparents managed to smuggle around Europe between being ejected from Russia & Ukraine before finally being put on a boxcar by the Nazis. No idea what happened to those

3 Likes

I have a Victorian bottle of laudanum (empty) quite like this one:

download

Don’t think it’s worth more than a few quid, but it’s probably the only thing I own that could be labelled an antique.

5 Likes

Live in house that built in 1801…From a house sale I purchased for £1.00 a Picture drawn in charcoal by Patsy Rowland who was one of many of the Actors in the Carry On Films way back. she signed a note to some friends of hers on the back ending it with this is purrfect

I love it, no idea if if would be worth anything to her family.or a collector of memorability…Had some Antique Clocks stolen in a burglary, they took a valuable Fur Wall Carpet that had Tigers with their features modelled to make them look real…
Never bought anything valuable again after that burglary…

That is a real shame how things turned out…it happens…For my sister and myself My Mother was the last to die and she did have some kind of Dementia and un be known to us sisters, my oldest son was making his way to top dog in our Mother’s eyes. She had said to me many times your sister is in for such a shock one day…Knowing her mind was strange I thought guess I will also…Never believed though she would actually leave lock stock and barrel to my oldest Ex Son…Nobody else got anything at all… I did not go to the funeral for, one reason, I lived in France when it happened and I was by that time detached from her completely…
Bad things happen but you just have to move on…life is short… :innocent:

1 Like

Worth going to Sotherby’s …had a painting once left by a great Aunt and my sister had one as well they were pictures drawn of cats and the one I had was in my Daughters room with stickers of her favourite bands on it. My sister phoned and said she got over £1000 for that cat picture. I moved real fast up the stairs two at a time and took the picture off the wall and my daughter said Mum that has my pictures on it. Took them off and set about cleaning it… got less than it could have been worth though because it had be cut to an oval shape…Still bought a touring caravan with the dosh we got… :innocent:
just to add…was over 20 years ago so maybe set ups have changed… :innocent:

1 Like

I’ve got a nazi engraved knife my grandpa took from a german soldier in ww2 after he did him in. My grandma gave it to me when she moved into care a few years back. Also 2 of the bayonets from his old guns but nothing like the Hitler knife. I’m not sure what to do with it, it’s worth about a grand but I’ve no intention of selling it so it just sits in a Morrisons bag in the attic for now

I got one of Bryan Adam’s guitar pics and a Powderfinger setlist

Passed down from my grandparents who bought it upon their arrival in this country in the 1930s, my family has an early 19th century Antique Regency Grandfather clock which was valued a couple of years ago at just under £15,000. I’ve never particularly liked it so I intend to sell it when I inherent it from my parents.

Got a signed Michelle McManus single

1 Like

Love my Scandinavian glassware collection.
A madness took me for about 10 months when I ordered loads of them on eBay, all delivered to work for security, convenience and safety.

4 Likes