Any stats/maths boffins want to help me?

To simplify, I’ve got 4 fields.

Brand, volume (kg), value (GBP) and year.

I’ve done value per kilo.

Then a % inflation delta of value per kilo this year vs last year.

Now I want to do a calculation that gives me % contribution to that delta value by brand. So of the overall 2% movement brand A has contributed 25% or something.

Would be really simple if it was just a value or volume delta and assume I’m missing something simple for the value per kilo but I’ve completely hit a wall.

Any help much appreciated.

can’t help, sorry

hope that helps

2 Likes

sounds really boring, i wouldn’t bother

hope that helps

5 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

You lost me at having 4 fields

not wasting my time helping a tory out

9 Likes

I did try to understabd your question but ultimately couldn’t.

1 Like

I did maths at uni so I can help.

1 Like

just done some statistical analysis on this thread

you’re currently running at about 70% helpful replies

5 Likes

Are they equivalent products?

i.e. are the only variables the Brand, Year and Value?

I’m also a little confused by you using Kg to measure volume, and ‘hiding’ price to turn it into Value.

Volume is measured in cubic metres, mate. You measure mass in kilos. HTH, :wink:

4 Likes

helpful replies down to about 50% now

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we can drag that down much further.

Trial and error Divide everything by everything else until you get something that looks about right

3 Likes

divide and conquer

1 Like

multiply it by pi as well

1 Like

3714f8f313cc2b3198574cb171758aaa

1 Like

I think you need to establish a baseline inflation value, whether that’s across the whole economy (eg RPI or CPI), or product specific (only the items in your list).

You can then say whether the brand has led to an increase or a decrease above or below ‘par’ for the market.

Have you tried creating a filter

Serious answer, I think you just divide the amount delta of your individual brand by the total delta over the year to get the %age that brand has of the delta, this what they contributed to the delta