🕵 ❓ 💫 Any unsolved life side quests?

Anyone you’ve been trying to track down? Any unfulfilled missions>

I’ve been trying to track down a kid who came to my primary school in year 3, he was only there a few months and i don’t think we even played together but I remember his name and his 3 sisters distinctive names and throughout my life I’ve often wondered what school/town he went to next, and what he does. His family seemed quite odd, reckon they were spies imo.

Quite like having a little pointless mission (had a dream about him last night). Wonder if i’ve ever actually met him again without knowing.

6 Likes

whoah, I also have 3 sisters, went to multiple primary schools and my family are odd! CASE CLOSED

3 Likes

Are you called jordan?

Yes!! Actually No

Exactly the kind of thing a spy would say

14 Likes

Oh shit, just did my first google of him in a while and there’s a band that had an album out last year and the band have the same name as him and they’re from nearby ish Bolton. COULD THIS BE HIM

1 Like

Ah, no, they’re about 15 years younger. As you were detectives.

1 Like

Always wonder what happened to this guy I used to work with at M&S about 20 years ago. One of the funniest people I have ever met, and also a complete liability. Left M&S to join the tank regiment or something, and the only reason he could give me for joining the army was “I want to drive a tank”.
Could never find him online since.

5 Likes

Would you say your quest tanked?

3 Likes

I was trying to work out my friend’s most played artist in his spotify unwrapped from a tiny thumbnail in a screenshot he sent me but decided it was creepy. Obviously I could just have asked him but where’s the challenge in that?

2 Likes

Oooo marvellous bit of questing.

1 Like

actually i was out with The Boys :tm: last week and we all got onto talking about high school and that and it turns out we’ve all been on the same unsolved occasional side quest. two mates we knew from high school/college who we didnt really keep in touch with afterwards but were really close to at the time, but neither of them were on any socials and it turns out we all occasionally have a look to see if theyre on fb and insta now, but no. good to know its not just me being weird tho

3 Likes

I hope it turns out we’re all looking for the same guy

1 Like

Yes, I have this regularly about one kid in particular at my junior school and first year of secondary school. he was quite a nice looking guy called ross burnett. i’ve searched facebook and the internet for years but can’t quite place any of them as ‘him’ - i even started messaging a couple of them at one point.

doesnt sound like it tbh but maybe theyre all really good spies and the show they put on for me (tash worked in the chippy, stef was really into grunge) was totally different for you (spies)

1 Like

For quite a while I believed that Tegan and Sara used to live two doors down from me growing up. There was a north american family with two girls called Tegan and Sara and they moved back there from the UK. Think it’s just a coincidence though.

but it remains ‘unsolved’ until I can confirm with either Tegan or Sara

12 Likes

Have spent the last four years trying to find anyone who has the mp3 of me singing with my old friend Kevin on a song we wrote together,

It has driven me a little insane trying to get hold of it, which I’m no closer to resolving, but it’s lead to renewed relationships with old friends too so that’s pretty great

6 Likes

i used to have a really odd recording (think leonard cohen meets low) of i got you babe i recorded with a guy called martin. i still am in touch with martin but we’ve long since lost said recording.

2 Likes

During lockdown I put out a couple of couches for the council to uplift – the council said they might arrive any time from early morning, so I put them out the night before, and the rain was torrential all night.

I kept half an eye out of the window onto the rear lane the next day to see if the council did show up, but no sign of them and the couches were still there about 4pm. Looked out properly later though and the couches were gone, all good. But the council emailed the next day to say they hadn’t been able to make the lift, but would try again later in the week.

So either the council did lift them without me noticing and somehow mistakenly believed they didn’t, or someone else took them – I’d think the latter would be a pretty obvious explanation if the couches weren’t absolutely soaked through though with about 18 hours of rain. I don’t know much about sofa maintenance but I would have thought these were unsalvageable.

This isn’t so much a side quest, because I’m not making any active attempts to solve this. I do believe that the truth will one day present itself though.

6 Likes