Anybody fancy a game of Pitchfork Predictor?

pitchfork

but the /// h y p e /// is increasing now he’s returning for his 8.7 BNM album in october

It’s mine as well. Who’s wifi are you stealing? Can I join?

Julien Baker’s got 8.2 written all over it.

If it’s an improvement on ‘Sprained Ankle’ it’l have to be more like 9.2 I reckon

Yeah singer/songwriter though ain’t she. Debut album proper. We’ll see.

Regardless, I for one am very much looking forward to it.

I wasn’t a big fan of Appointments but the live versions of Happy To Be Here and the title track sound great, I’d be surprised if she gets over 9 thought. I suppose she could become quite big this year especially if the 6 music listening vinyl crowd start getting into her.

me, although only predicted an 8.1.

Moses Sumney - 8.6 BNM

I went for 8.3 so not too far off. Weirdly enough, despite being pretty hyped for this, I’ve not had the time and give it a proper first listen. Going to rectify that now.

Not sure I like the review;

:smiley: I remember when pithcfork called the XX a Bold new direction. I laughed so hard, such a shit album. Pretty sure the only reason I remember the album exists is because the Pitchfork album was so hyperbolic.

Need to give it more listens to see if it grows on me, it’s very very very homogeneous and so far I think it’s to it’s detriment

Are you talking about the latest xx album or their debut?

Because the debut is still pretty good.

The latest one

Fair. I gave it one listen and that was enough.

I liked a few songs (On Hold, Dangerous and I Dare You) but can leave the rest really, can someone tell me the difference is between an XX song and a Jamie XX song featuring one of the other members? because the later works so much better for some reason.

The fuck is this?

Terrible headline but I do like Chloe Sevigny

erm, ok P4K

also, close on Wolf Alice:

7.2 for Chelsea Woilfe

Pitchfork doing a fantastic job at trolling the DiS community right now.