Anyone actually pre-heat the oven for anything?

Bang up for this.

1 Like

Bang up for this

1 Like

I know I’ll lose and yet I’m still game.

And I’ll still trash-talk you all like I’m going to win.

3 Likes

sorry can’t up the toffees atm too busy for my oven to reach the temperature the potato bag says the potato needs

1 Like

You could do “soggy Birdseye potato waffle” by not pre-heating your oven

1 Like

Love how much this winds DiS up

3 Likes

if you eat a meal or dessert say once a month you aren’t going to remember what it tasted like the last time. You might remember enjoying it more or less but that could easily be influenced by how hungry you were, how grumpy you were, needing a poo etc

Finish it off in the toaster

2 Likes

And the waffle

1 Like

Sensible man :wink::+1:

Some people don’t know how to cook everything yet so they read recipes to learn.

it’s as delicious as a currently heated meal

1 Like

literally said our oven leaks heat pal

The first line of that has wound me up so much I’m shaking.

2 Likes

yeah fine if it’s like “get some potatos, put them in the oven for 120 minutes at this heat”, this is different to saying like “1 tbsp of tumeric, 3 eggs, a pinch of lemon, fry twice and then let sit for 20 minutes, serve with a red wine”

oh but if the oven hasn’t been on for ten minutes it’ll throw a strop

1 Like

I’M THROWING A STROP
JUST PREHEAT
JUST TRY IT

3 Likes

You know that cooking isn’t just warming stuff through, right? There are chemical reactions that need to occur so it’s not just the cold thing warmed up, and those require specific temperatures to happen.

Balonz knows. With his science oven.

6 Likes

don’t think temperature makes that much difference to things, I mean you’re either on fire, boiling, warm or cold

6 Likes

cooking in ovens I do is just warming stuff up though, mostly it’s just vegetables on a tray.
I mean obviously if you want to ‘bake’ or something go wild you’re already committed to wasting everyone’s time why not turn the oven on an hour and half before you want to cook