Anyone else find it really tricky to get hand soap plungers up

Yeah @anon29812515 Lush do several very nice smelling shampoo as soaps and in fact they tend to perfume the entire bathroom when not in use, in my experience. However, it does mean you need a good soap dish to hold them. Lush used to do these flat metal round tins but the soap would just sort of turn into a mush inside and it wasn’t good.

(My favourite was the green one but I haven’t had one for probably at least 15 years.)

Well I’ll tell you something, Tone, down here the women glow and men plunder.

What the hell are you talking about?

I quote

2 Likes

I understand.

1 Like

Yes, all is pretty good here. It’s weird to have not experienced Winter for so long TBH. I love Winter, I and II.

They still do those tins I believe but a friend said not get one because it turned to mush in them and it was difficult to get them out.

I’m still on the look out for decent soap dishes.

I know the feeling. I’m guessing @elthamsmateowen is the man who’d have a good knowledge of great soap dishes.

1 Like

If you put the hand wash in the fridge overnight the problem is solved by the morning.

1 Like

with great soap dish comes great responsibility

1 Like

I won’t lie. There are a few I’ve given up on altogether.

1 Like

Yeah the tins were only for travel, not for general storage, and you have to let them dry first. (if you’re in a rush using some paper or towels to dry it can do an ok job)

As for soap dishes, the best ones tend to have two levels - a raiser/rack above with a tray below. You can get nice wire+bamboo ones. Best for soap drying and easiest to clean, but you do still have to clean them regularly.

1 Like

for example.

There are also really nice stone ones, wood ones, whatever works best for you. Only thing about wood is it requires a lot of cleaning/emptying/maintenance to make them last as long.

1 Like

You were my main hope for being on my side here.