Anyone else noticed people trying to scam on the facebook events of smaller gigs recently?

Yeah, even for the Daughters gig. Always people with totally private accounts and the tone of their messages is very odd.

Have you checked your “other inbox” on Facebook? It’s where messages with people you’re not friends with go.

1 Like

Yeah Daughters is the other one I was thinking of, their Leeds show.

Yep seen it for Sharon van Etten and Stealing Sheep in Glasgow recently. Usually some folk under commenting it’s a scam straight away which is good.

Yeah, I saw lots of that - meant when I went to sell my ticket for it I ended up being a bit over the top trying to show that I was legit, which of course is exactly what a good scammer would do!

1 Like

Anyone else noticed people trying to scam on the facebook events of smaller gigs recently?

I got 4 tickets For Anyone else noticed people trying to scam on the facebook events of smaller gigs recently? myself and my family and we won’t be able to go anymore due to some circumstances…Willing to sell out at affordable price Dm me if interested

3 Likes

how much are you looking for mate?

2 Likes

Midland :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

yeah this is getting crazy now

Steve Hauschildt show at Cafe Oto is riddled with it

means that people actually wanting tickets are getting outnumbered by the scammers

Normally the Facebook URL of the profiles in question is a dead giveaway. I find it quite funny by baiting them on Messenger into thinking I’m going to buy the tickets off them.

3 Likes

What could they do about people who haven’t bought tickets pretending they have?

Like I’m no fan of the big agencies, but this really isn’t anything to do with them, and it’s happening on a platform they have no connection with.

1 Like

Sure. Dice do that I think?

But people sell on Facebook (even when Twickets exists) events cos it’s fast and easy, and lets you shift tickets last minute. Hard to replicate that going through an agency,

We got scammed with Vampire Weekend tickets on Saturday. I’d met up with the bloke and he ‘seemed’ legit. He’s still been in touch with us in the aftermath still claiming that they were legit. We rang Seetickets though and they told us that the Booking Ref was 2 years out of date.
We ended up paying in again annoyingly.

I love paper tickets :frowning:

2 Likes

loads on the fb event for lizzo tonight. not posting in the event which is how you’d usually sell tickets, but replying to every update the promoter posts with “due to a family emergency” blah blah whatever. exact same wording to each reply on each of the promoters posts, very odd

3 Likes

Yeah, someone tried to contact me about Girl Band after I posted on Facebook wanting tickets. Had a stock image/Instagram model profile pic
and quoted me the price in dollars!

Winding these people up is one of my favourote hobbies.

Screenshot_20190918-122755_Bixby%20Voice

56 Likes

please tell me you make a gig scrapbook <3

2 Likes

Have not yet but I’ve kept them all so plan to do so one day! Knowing about the handful of e-tickets that ruined my collection still haunts me, GBV being the worst of all :frowning:

I don’t like paying £3 for it to be sent in the mail, and then almost forgetting it when I’m half way to the train station

1 Like