Anyone else unhappy today?

Pretty good exchange, no?

1 Like

what a bunch of dicks! Can’t believe they wouldn’t invite you, what’s their problem? Fucking work people are the worst, glad I’m never going to work again just going to starve when I run out of money I reckon

3 Likes

Don’t apologise, that is properly sly of them. They sound like a real bunch of fuckers - you don’t owe them anything.

2 Likes

Reading that made me feel sad! I’m glad you were angry though, I’d be fucking fuming.

I reckon most DiSsers would have similar experiences in our lives. What’s more, we’d all like to brush it off as if we don’t value the opinions of such people, but it’s not that simple.

People above are right though, you don’t need those shitbags.

5 Likes

Been in the pub mates :beers:

maybe they’re the good one and reaching out? I dunno why I’m trying to be nice about them

What’s horrible, just the worst. I feel so angry for you. This kind of stuff is a massive trigger for me personally so I’m livid on your behalf.

If it was me I would reply to this person and just put it out there - just say " I was upset as you excluded me from the night out" - might not be your style, but don’t let them weasle out of it like it’s no big thing

2 Likes

Yep. And not just with work people. A few years ago, we went out for lunch with our daughters. Shortly after we arrived, we bumped into some friends of ours (one of whom had just returned from travelling). Said hi, had a chat, thought nothing of it. They then went and sat at a table for about 10 people. And then one by one, other friends of ours walked into the restaurant, awkwardly said hi, and then went to sit at the table across the way from us. It was mortifying.

(They’d obviously decided that they didn’t want their lunch spoiled by the presence of two children so had proceeded to invite everyone else except us).

Fuck them- you didn’t pick 'em, you just work with them at the moment. Plenty of good folk out there so don’t let the fact that you have to deal with dicks drag you down.

3 Likes

Fuck em JazzBazz, sound like a bunch of full on knobheads.

2 Likes

I mean that’s just a ridiculous opinion. I’m fairly cynical about a lot of things…but I’m also realising interactions with kids are great. There’s just none of the pretence or agenda with them. I’m enjoying the fact that a few friends/relatives are new parents…they’re a great addition to social occasions.

It definitely changes the dynamic but not necessarily in a bad way I don’t think!

1 Like

Completely agree! To be perfectly honest, I much prefer playing with the kids at parties / dinners out like these than listen to the posturing bullshit that tends to permeate around the adults.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds beyond shit! So so sorry :frowning:

If there is any positive to take from this whole thing, you’re no longer in what is clearly a toxic environment and you are way better than any of those fuckers.

2 Likes

Fucking hell, sorry to hear that mate. You are very much better off out of there by the sounds of it though, what a horrible, horrible bunch of human beings.

1 Like

What were their reasoning for sacking you?
That’s utterly shit!

Oh love, don’t beat yourself up about it. It sounds like they were a full on bag of cunts!

2 Likes

Surely they should be giving you a warning and then if you don’t improve, then they’d be able to sack you?

This doesn’t sound like they’ve followed the correct process…

Oh right! That sucks though especially if you see other people doing the same thing.

Do you think they will give you a good reference?

Definitely use the next two weeks to line up some stuff but also give yourself a little bit of a break. Maybe you could do a little temping to tide yourself over until something more permanent comes along?

That is some excellent swearing Meo

1 Like