Anyone ever actually planned their evening meals for each day of the week

Like you have a wallchart or something with a meal on each day of the week.

1 Like

2 Likes

Would just buy all the ingredients for the meals and then not have to put any more thought into it

1 Like

It’s great. Prob about once every 3 weeks I can’t be bothered to cook something/don’t fancy what’s on the menu but normally just swap the days around if so.

1 Like

I like the idea of it but the reality is I don’t know what I fancy for dinner on Thursday, 4 days ahead of time

4 Likes

Do it up until Friday, then the weekend is a crap shoot

5 Likes

Every now and then I will, but usually as a form of post-breakup “I’m gonna get really fit again” mechanism where I stick to it rigidly for a couple of months, lose a couple of stone in next to no time and revert back to eating crisps in my pants.

It works in terms of being healthier and saving money, but I’ve never had the discipline to just stick to it all the time.

1 Like

Make a rough plan when doing the shopping list (food shop on Monday evening) but usually leave some days free in case I feel like going rogue, and I never plan for the weekend either.

Tons of reasons why this is a good idea (particularly if you have issues with food like me, or need to remember to feed other people at any time) but I just genuinely cba

4 Likes

My parents did this to a really insistent and restrictive degree that meant I am so averse to it now that I’m an adult. My partner likes to do it, I hate doing it.

2 Likes

I’d probably end up getting a takeaway every night because I didn’t fancy what I’d planned.

2 Likes

I have started doing this, although not very rigidly, because my boyfriend’s approach was just to order a load of random vegetables and then throw half of them away because he didn’t think about what we’d actually eat them with.

Yeah, when I was a kid we used to have exactly the same meal, every day of the week, for years (with a couple of seasonal variations).

Now I plan every week, but have very few meals more than once a month (pizza being an obvious exception)

We plan out the week’s meals when we do the shopping order then there’s a day or two in between when we live on the edge and plan nothing.

Pretty much our reason for doing it. Also makes doing the online shop easier.

1 Like

The 10 days after we do a big shop are planned out and they are my least favorite 10 days of the month. My struggle now is to keep the distance between big shops as far apart as possible.

2 Likes

Ad lib based on what’s in the veg box and what sort of time I have that night to cook

Mrs Parm does this every week, on a Saturday morning, when I am least likely to know or even slightly care about what I want to eat for the coming week. Invariably, we plan the weekend, which has enough leftovers to get us to about Tuesday, and then the rest is padded out with “Pasta + Sauce” and “Stir Fry” and then it all falls apart because someone is late home or has a shitty day and wants chips and wine and yeah it’s really not worth it tbh.

Honestly think if I lived alone I’d just stop eating dinner. Absolutely sick of “dinner”

4 Likes

I live alone and dinner is the only meal I have