Anyone ever made truffles?

I made ones with coconut milk recently and they were so very nice.

if you want to complicate things for yourself you could make a whiskey caramel sauce?

Aren’t you concerned about the kind of message making him truffles will send?

That looks like the feed they give you in farms and the like to give to the animals.

I’d probably have better luck training a pig.

This looks doable!

Doesn’t he have to breed a whole line of pigs with the requisite skills first?

He won’t know it’s from me.

(I mean, obviously everyone always finds out, but still).

This is excellent, if the truffle thing doesn’t work out:

That’s even worse

Sterilised jars and stuff though… Do I look like Mary Berry?

Haven’t used this particular recipe but you could add whisky and it looks easy?

v. easy to sterilise a kilner jar- i’m saying kilner because they specifically come with directions for the clueless, and you can get them at any supermarket or wilkos

to steralize a jar you can either put it in the dishwasher or was it with warm soapy water and then put it in a low oven for like 30 mins.

@hip_young_gunslinger

buy some normal beer

decant it into a big plastic pop bottle

tell boss it’s special homebrew

1 Like

Mate, you’ll need one for the first year of breastfeeding. I found a microwave jobbie didn’t fit in our microwave so you may as well splash a bit on a Philips steam steriliser.

We don’t have a microwave at the moment…

I mean of course, for the first year of breastfeeding if you are to help with bottles etc. obviously.

Boobs do not need to be steam sterilised.

They do by the time I’m finished with them.

3 Likes

We got one because they are REALLY useful for baby food, but yeah that steam steriliser is only about £35 and you can get deals with bottles too. It really was a lifesave of a piece of kit for us but that was mainly due to her not latching on at all so bottles being the only method.