Anyone going through The Quietus' best of 2017?

ha didnt notice them lads

That Jane Weaver is a worthy number 3. Bloody great record. Love the way the end effectively loops back to the beginning.

1 Like

Listened to the Peasant one in the #1 spot.

If thatā€™s their idea of the best album of the year so far, i canā€™t begin to imagine how horrendous something at #92 might be.

Nah thatā€™s only partly true, itā€™s not exactly wire levels of trying to be the most obscure. Part of it is very cliquey and they champion a lot of records that they are in some way involved with.

the quietus

the quiet us

maybe itā€™s a call for help?

Slightly off topic but for fans of the Quietus, the book by John Doran is really good

1 Like

itā€™s also a weird accusation considering that thereā€™s a few rather big names being listed too. I wish people would complain more about their layout being kind of shit.

Their top 5 or so on any of their lists are never especially great. I didnā€™t like the GNOD album at all, and while I did like Jane Weaver and Circle, neither would make my top 10. Good list for recommendations, but how they organize their lists usually leaves me baffled at how high some of their picks are placed.

quite like that LP so far

I think Richard Dawson is a bit of a polarizing artist tbh I donā€™t think Iā€™ve read a single review which was entirely neutral.

wasnā€™t expecting to see Alt-J in that list

Doesnā€™t half bang on about there not being a god a lot though.

1 Like

Is that a common theme of his music? Theyā€™ve always seemed like mix of folklore and drawn out tales from his childhood

Yeah DiS neverā€¦ i mean NEVER does that

Dunno mate, havent read DiS reviews in about ten years

1 Like