Anyone on a diet?

NO! This is inspirational to me

Had already given up sugar as of February 2015 (went down 22lbs in 4 months! But slowly put a lot of it back on due to carbs and eating in excess), but as of February 1st I gave up diet sodas and bread completely and cut down on beer and fried chicken and chips, so far I’ve lost 4lbs and definitely noticeable … enough to spur me onwards. Increased my water intake too.

Now I’m making food for work in advance and even did a healthy Iceland shop during the week - find me adding grilled chicken breast and avocado halves to a fried quinoa salad out the bag!

1 Like

Doing a bit shop with healthy foods with the intention to eat it at work stops a lot of shitty lunch time decisions and makes weaning off of junk a lot easier as you arent keeping yourself accustomed to the easy fix’s/

anybody know how I can give up the desire to snack in the evenings?

Pretty fine with eating very little during the day

Don’t keep anything easily snackable around or have a planned pre bed meal (I do this as I usually find it easier to drift off after a wee nibble) I find it easier to stick to no snacking regiment if it’s between meals. Even if you n.a. e to invent one

1 Like

I only ever feel the need to snack if I’m sitting around. So maybe keep yourself busy?

Eat a proper lunch!

Go to bed?

I’m in bed now, reading, even though I’m right next to the kitchen being in my pyjamas and in the bedroom makes me feel like snacking is out of the question somehow.

Or, have healthy snacks in. Alternatively do some exercise then see if you still want to snack afterwards - I tend to feel virtuous even after just ten mins of squats and stuff and it helps me resist a snack after, but if you do have one then you’ve already done little work to work off the calories beforehand.

1 Like

Haha, yeah, I have the issue with my jeans. There’s no way they’re going on in a rush.

1 Like

yeah this is a huge problem

sorry there aren’t any square pizzas baked on the end of a shovel in my hood :wink:

yeah it’s funny if I go for a run or something I seem to lose my appetite/cravings. Wish I knew what a healthy nice snack was, I’ve tried just munching on a raw carrot but it’s pretty boring

Alright guys!! I’m actually going to do this properly again.

My aim is (as it always is) to lose a stone. So 2 lbs a week, exercise and a diet with less clotted cream and booze :blush: should manage it in like two months? EASY. … :smiley: :slight_smile: :confused: :frowning: :scream:

2 Likes

From many diets over the years ive found aiming for 1.5 pounds a week makes all the difference in terms of hunger and sustainability, plus you often hit 2 anyway.

I’ve lost 5 pounds since last Monday but the first week is always easy!

If you use MyFitnessPal add me!

1 Like

Good shout, I should probably start using it again. Will let you know!! :smiley:

GOOD WORK btw, 5lbs is great!!! :fireworks:

1 Like

I think I’ve finally become mentally immune to diets. Currently speaking to a hypnotherapist to see if I can be talked into better eating habits.

I only manage them because I turn an eating obsession into a calorie counting obsession, neither of which is healthy.

Remember - it’s human nature to be greedy, in the grand scheme of things we’ve only had readily available food to is for like a millionth of our existence as a species. Before then we ate as much as we cools when we could as we didn’t know where the next meal was coming from. You’re hardwired not to be good at diets.

1 Like

Thing is I’ve been very good at diets before (but not at keeping it off) and have found it relatively easy to lose several stone in one go. Now I think I’ve just been through the cycle so many times that no diet is lasting more than a couple of weeks. Hence me looking at different options to try to permanently change my truly awful habits.

2 Likes

I need to buy new clothes! Woop

3 Likes

Scout! I joined myfitnesspal. IT COUNTS YOUR STEPS!! Whaaaat? I never knew this! I just walked around the room to test it out! It’s like magic!