Anywhere you could walk in and order 'the usual'

And actually have people know what it is? Saw a guy try this in a cafe near me and the woman in the shop just stood there like ‘…and that would be…?’ :smiley:

No food/drink for me but this one record shop makes fun of me for buying the same thing so it might work there.

If unsure, feel free to give it a try and report back.

Nope.

Almost at our local, where my “usual” is whatever guest ale is on, and the landlord knows that’s what I’ll order, but it’s not always him who serves.

1 Like
  • Yes and I do this
  • Possibly but I wouldnt try
  • No, no, no

0 voters

Nowhere.

Barmaid in the local pub will tell me about the new cans they’ve got in stock, I don’t really have a usual as I usually choose a different beer/can everytime

1 Like

On the final day of my run of free rice boxes the woman serving me saw me coming in and she just asked “tofu?”. All I had to do was nod in approval.

5 Likes

Possibly Deeney’s if the irish lads are serving.

1 Like

Local taxi rank knows me and will cart me home without me having to tell them where im going.

Don’t drink now but used to have an unspoken system with the landlord of the best pub in the area where he’d automatically pour me a 3-4%er (Pint, Manchester Bitter) on a weeknight or a 5-6%er (Lagonda, Dobber, etc) on a Friday or Saturday.

In another couple of bars they knew to pour me a Track Brewery ale if they’re on, but i think that applies to most people.

1 Like

How’s their success rate?

Same here, at the place I go to most my “usual” will be whatever’s new and exciting so I usually get a recommendation.

1 Like

Used to be a coffee shop where they’d ask me if I was having a flat white cause it’s what I’d almost always have. Would never, ever ask for ‘the usual’ though

Pub in the village I grew up in used to. Would walk in, “London Pride is it GEOFF™?” “Yes please”. Wouldn’t even have to ask. Miss that :frowning:

What I don’t miss it a similar situation at the kebab house I went to all the time at university. Bloke knew all our names as well ffs. Embarrassing.

3 Likes

Lonny P*

1 Like

Good choices.

:grinning:

A staff member makes comment on you ordering the same thing frequently

• A delightful, personal touch
  • fine *shrug*
  • Welp, guess I’ll find a new place

0 voters

Now that’s just legendary work.

I was back there last year as it goes. Walked for about an hour at 2am trying to find my old kebab gaff. It’s still there under the same name but it’s not the same place man. It’s not the same.

My hairdresser.

1 Like

what do you buy from a record stop constantly?