Let’s see if we can keep it to 5 (with a couple of HMs if we must). Bit if a descript to help people work out if it’s one they might want to check out would not go unappreciated, I’m sure
- Charli XCX — How I’m Feeling Now (singer-producer PC pop)
- Nation of Language — Introduction, Please (synthy post-punk FFOs Cut Copy’s debut / early, early New Order / Lloyd Cole and the Commotions)
- A Place to Bury Strangers — Rare Meat (b-sides & rarities collection (so doesn’t count) from pedal-driven, JAMC-loving rockkers)
- Thick — 5 Years Behind (punky-pop, poppy punk)
- The Wants — Container (post punk with Brian Moloko-esque vocals)
HM to Jack River’s Stranger Heart mini-LP (hmmm… singer-producer pop with some indie band leanings…?)
What’s heading for your EOY AOTY list?