AOTY (TS*)

I really enjoy it! Any word on a physical edition?

Not currently, we were kinda hoping to see how the digital release would go first but then… y’know

1 Like

Everyone should really listen to it, it’s a legitimately great album and the best indie rock album of the year. Not a weak moment on it. Can’t even imagine how frustrating it must have been to finally release something like that and then have the entire industry basically shut down a couple weeks later.

4 Likes

Only started wrapping my ears around the Huntsnen and bow church records today. Both very good after a few listens. Liked the first two Algiers recprds too, so mystified as to why I’ve not really bothered with the latest one. I need these prompts!

1 Like

Hamilton Leithauser
Empty Country
Heads.
Perfume Genius
RTJ 4
Field Music
Algiers
Sepultura
Sløtface
Wednesday

1 Like

See, I saw that list of bands and yawned. You should’ve told us the album is good in spite of those comparisons!

Ok?

2 Likes

…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - X: The Godless Void and Other Stories
I Break Horses - Warnings
Run the Jewels - RTJ4
OOIOO - nijimusi
envy - The Fallen Crimson

Found myself listening to way more EPs and singles this year, so there’s a whole bunch of albums I really need to check out (and will do thanks to this thread).

I really like the record as well, have listened to it a lot in the last couple of weeks

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Will come and see you live as and when this starts up again!

1 Like

checked out the Jim White and Marisa Anderson one today. v enjoyable.

1 Like

It’s great, had never heard of Marisa Anderson before. Her other stuff is worth checking out too!

her name is vaguely familiar but didn’t know anything about her. will check out some of the others!

Who would you compare us to out of interest?

It’s a bit niche for the ridiculous music bargains thread, but seen as you’ve mentioned it the Marisa Anderson/Jim White album is about a tenner cheaper at Amazon than anywhere else I’ve found (£15.99).

[Although I am still waiting for my pre-order to arrive and just checking again on Amazon it is down as out of stock. So I guess this exciting news flash isn’t really that useful].

1 Like

I have not a fucking clue?

(That’s not a bad thing, though, is it?)

1 Like

No, not at all, just interested

What does TS stand for in the title? I feel like I’m headed straight for the ‘slow to realise’ thread once someone answers this.

I dunno but they typed Thus Far in the topic so im assuming its either a typo of TF or a weird abbreviation I’m unaware of

2 Likes