Apartment / Flat dwellers

1 Like

See how they run?

7 Likes

My wife’s friend stores ALL of her shoes - dozens and dozens of pairs - outside of her flat, in the shared staircase. If I were her neighbour, I’d be very unhappy about it.

We live in a flat but it’s a ground floor flat with our own entrance and a private garden so it’s basically a house.

If/when we get a house, I would quite happily concrete the garden over. Just want a wee flower bed to (try and) grow some vegetables in and room to stick a BBBQ (I have grand ideas of building a BBQ pit, but am fully aware how that’ll end…)

1 Like

This year, instead of devoting hours and hours to pulling up the invasive Spanish Bluebells, I have just been mowing them along with the rest of the lawn. Seems to be going okay.

1 Like

I can imagine it going a bit Wu Tang.

Standard.

In our old place our neighbour would buy a Christmas tree (potted) as soon as they were avaialable and leave it on the landing until mid December. Which is fine but she was a fucking PRICK!

1 Like

You burning the remains of a sex worker that you killed?

I live on the 12th floor with no neighbours above or to the side. It’s really expensive and cold and the flat is tiny for what you pay.

Good luck.

Top floor is best. If you don’t know why you don’t deserve to live on the top floor.

3 Likes

I live on the third floor. I’d have to throw myself off the balcony and to my death if there was a fire on/near the stairs

Probably already been said but you dont want to be near the entry to the block or corridor

Newer blocks should in theory be better as they are built to higher level of regulation. Better insulation, sound proofing yadyadyayda

cons - take away delivery guys rarely can be arsed delivering to the 5th floor so you have to go all the way downstairs to collect your food / not tip them

Surely you get the heat from the chumps below and you can stomp around without any repercussions!

pros - the Ocado man doesn’t have the choice other than to deliver 15 totes full of bottled water to your ‘sixth floor, no lift’ flat.