Aphex Twin 2023 (Rolling)

Hopefully!

7 Likes

I’ll keep listening to both SAWs too

But I think it’s odd to imagine his ideas hold no influence - I’d imagine there are a lot of people impressionable to his thoughts

Imagine liking this

ironically there’s a video of Xtal accompanied by 9/11 footage on youtube somewhere.

Actually there was a lot of criticism of him on the hgatr thread. I was totally unaware that he had a troll/conspioracy theory side to him, just someone whose records I liked in the 90s.

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/aphex-twin-channelling-jim-corr-again/47053

He’s also being discussed currently on the ‘people who’ve fucked it’ thread

2 Likes

it read as more ‘snark that demanded attention’ rather than a mere observation, and I’m already regretting the reply. like I said, listening to his music has nothing to do with my views on his COVID beliefs and he deserves all the criticism he gets. If this affects your own enjoyment of his music, that’s absolutely fine. I’m no moral arbiter and am merely expressing a personal opinion. Personally I don’t believe RDJ has much cultural clout nowadays and I doubt his views influence many; this is partly why I can separate art from artist in this case. If you think that’s naive or wrong, again, that’s fine.

5 Likes

Musically talented individual responsible for genre defining work with dodgy beliefs = mixed response. Acknowledging his amazing music and also tearing into his nonsense.

Three note range singer with no decent recordings of note for about thirty years with dodgy beliefs = unmitigated shoeing

Seems perfectly reasonable.

11 Likes

Oh, wow. All perfectly labelled with different artwork for each one. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi CG

2 Likes

£400 seems a bit much for some reason

https://bleep.com/merch/208284-novation-novation-afx-station?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Novation+AFX+Station+|+Limited+Edition+|+Just+Announced&utm_campaign=Novation+AFX+Station

that’s a similar price to the bass station I think, so doesn’t seem too unreasonable. looks pretty cool and the new features in afx mode sound interesting, perhaps a shame that none of the pre-loaded patches seem to have been created by Aphex though

Same price as the ‘normal’ bass station II on the Novation site. Though you can install the AFX firmware to the normal bass station I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if it became a bit of a collector’s item.

I thought it was about £300 obviously made it up in my head. Might be worth a punt and you are right it will be a collectors album so it will increase in price if you don’t like.

Wonder how much he got paid for this.

Look like you can get a standard Bass Station for close to £300, so I guess you’re still paying a premium for the AFX branding. Like you say though, I would expect it to increase in value over time, depending on how many they’re actually making.

Where can I find those?

Love your playlists btw, thanks for sharing. Makes it a lot more manageable

2 Likes

you can get the whole library of tracks here:

and the playlists he made are listed on this spreadsheet.

I have them saved as separate albums but I’m away from home at the moment and don’t have access to the files.

2 Likes

Thanks! Sorry you already provided the info and I missed it!

1 Like