Aphex Twin 2023 (Rolling)

1st 44 is an instant classic. love the footwork style

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Lots of JLin in there - think heā€™s been playing some of her tracks in sets? Itā€™s great

2 Likes

Oh, snapā€¦

Bit irked that the first edition is literally 50% more expensive than the regular version, but it is pretty plus is actually a present for the thinly veiled :expressionless:

1 Like

Long time forum lurker here

Just hopped in to say that I love Aphex Twin and this EP is absolute magic!!

This might be my first and last ever post (I spend time on watmm, but I also like a lot of indie music thatā€™s why I lurk here, but one forum is enough for my lifetime)

Hoof It!!

9 Likes

Still annoyed I didnā€™t get the Syro special edition (although it was done by lottery). Thatā€™s going for Ā£400 these.

1 Like

This new ep is really good. I liked syro, wasnā€™t sure about cheetah, still working through the mega dump, but fuck I like this ep.

3 Likes

i dunnoā€¦for me, his glitchy fidgety stuff gets a bit samey after a while? like i listened through and a lot of it seems interchangeable with the soundcloud dump and much of syro. i love his more emotional work like, lush slow blips and that kind of thing. and of course SAW 1 is never far from my turntable.

maybe collapse is a grower.

SAW1 is always a game changer. I wasnā€™t super young when I first heard it but when I did it instantly buried itself in my brain and has never left.

1 Like

Where does something like Richard D James album fall on that spectrum for you? Always been the album of his that does the most for me and balances his two sides most evenly.

2 Likes

I know youā€™re not asking me but I feel a that album is a good middle ground, best of both. I do like the more hardcore glitch stuff but it struggles to keep my attention over a whole record.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/theQuietus/status/1042114708365553664?s=19

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4T4gZFt6X/?tagged=aphextwin

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4Q-xJBSss/?tagged=aphextwin

ya, this pretty much. iā€™m not averse to the beats themselves, but i feel like iā€™ve he can lean on particular synths and melodies a little too much in his later work. RDJ has that ideal blend of forward looking rhythms with brilliant musicality, grand.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m a huge fan because I can take or leave a fair whack of his stuff, but when he hits the spot (for me Vordhosbn, Mt Saint Michel + St Michaelā€™s Mount, Windowlicker), thereā€™s nothing better.

Weird.

I quite like the new EP.

So so so bad

Aphex Twin 2019

Looks like heā€™s playing Coachella, surprisingly. Poster spotted in Silver Lake, California. Hopefully there will be some UK dates.

only just saw this in the thread

the National Film Board of Canada card felt appropriate, too

1 Like

Put that SoundCloud dump on my phone last week. Itā€™s really something innit? Just an incredibly overwhelming amount of stuff.

Basically, anyone got a playlist of it I can have???

1 Like

Thereā€™s sooo muchā€¦ I just stick it on random tbh :man_shrugging: