Aphex Twin 2023 (Rolling)

Nah, nothing.

Managed to get a ticket. Iā€™m buzzing.

Got 2 tickets, but both in my name. The website seems to suggest you have to put individual names in for whoā€™s going (canā€™t remember a screen to put in individual details).

Have emailed them but will this end badly??

https://www.instagram.com/p/By-5gcmFwqz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Mayfield Depot Manchester would guess that is where warehouse project is going to be as well.

2 Likes

Hopefully this means a Glasgow show next but who knows.

20 Sept Manchester at Mayfield Depot. Support from Nina Kraviz, Lee Gamble, Rian Treanor, Zuli, Aleksi Perala, SOS Gunver Ryberg and Renick Bell.

Tickets on sale from RA on Thursday 9am: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1283653

3 Likes

All over this

arguably a better line-up than the London one!

Warehouse project is invariably balls though

1 Like

Although I would usually agree based on the last few years, it might be a bit different for this as it may not attract the selfie-night-out crowd.

A few years ago now mind, but Iā€™ve been to 2 Aphex DJ nights at the WHP.
On one of them, he seemed to be making it as difficult to dance as he could and lost the crowd early on. The second one was probably in the top 3 dj sets Iā€™ve experienced.

Most of the ones Iā€™ve been to have been fine, although granted this is a new venue.

Actually, although I said above it should be ok, i thought the Bicep thing at Mayfield last year had terrible sound.
Itā€™s just a cavernous concrete box with sound bouncing everywhere.
A good smoking area though, if thatā€™s your thing!

In all fairness, if I lived in Manchester, Iā€™d probably go. But the few times Iā€™ve made the venture from London Iā€™ve been sorely disappointed by the whole experience and have wished I hadnā€™t spent the money on it

its been shite for years.

was good at the old boddingtons place and first year at the car parkā€¦ after that way too busy, full of dickheads and also the same line up every fucking year.

the Daniel avery one last year was alright, but only because it was massively undersold :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

maybe the move will do it some good though :confused:

only saw massive attack at the depot a few years back (and some other art stuff for mif) but its a massive space, which if they portion of correctly could give a decent sized rooms without walkways to the toilets/smoking area bang in the middle.

some of the acts they are pulling can sell 10k ticketsā€¦ hopefully theres some venues suitable for smaller nights still.

That year at Strangeways brewery was ace and the foals one at Store Street was alright. We went to the night that Chic played at Victoria Warehouse and that was scary as fuck what a claustrophobic building.

Can take or leave Mayfield I didnā€™t think the sight lines were very good and I imagine with some of the events that sell out its going to be just as bad as Victoria Warehouse.

Having said all this the repetativeness of sone of the events has irked for at least the last 3 or 4 years although black midi playing one of the nights is weird least it is something different.

Whoop!! Iā€™m seeing Aphex Twin!

1 Like

Me too. That was a bit easy to get tickets.

1 Like

The gig is being streamed live this Saturday.

Which is a result!

5 Likes

Anyone got any idea of set times yet?