Apparently it's Saturday

Morning DiS fans, it must be spring because the light woke me up through our shitty Wilkos curtains that we bought three years ago when we moved into this flat as a temporary measure and haven’t yet replaced

The TV is trying to convince me we need to panic buy our first car

4 Likes

Went for a swifty on the way back from the dog walk. Got a text whilst i was in there about pub closures. Stayed for…some more beers with the owners. I am really hurting

send help

2 Likes

Morning. Managed to get into Thailand an hour ago, others on our coach weren’t as lucky so they’re stuck in Cambodia now as the border is closing tonight.
Fingers crossed we can get a flight home from here.

34 Likes

I would suggest it - public transport and cycling will not be reliable in the way cars are

Up with tinystack. He’s walking a bit now which is thoroughly cute and taking some of the edge off of my sore head.

Going for a long walk with the family today I think.

2 Likes

goin for a bike ride isn’t it

3 Likes

That’s his thinking too, but I feel like we’re not really gonna be going anywhere in the near future and we’ll be paying monthly for something we’re not gonna use much. We’ve both got bikes and we live slap bang in the centre of town. Guess it’d be useful in case we need to help his parents out with his nan who all live in a nearby town.

Hmmmmmmmm

3 Likes

Was meant to go to my neeces birthday party today but thats been cancelled for obvious reasons, I figured it’ll go something like this so I decided to send my sister a photo of a ‘mock’ birthday party

32 Likes

Bikes have been banned until further notice, sorry.

1 Like

You need to panic buy a car so you an secure your parking space before there aren’t any left.

1 Like

We’ve got one but usually let my sister-in-law’s boyfriend park there since she lives in the same building, maybe we should just get him to stock up on loo roll and crisps for us in exchange for the space

Lemme know if you need any help on this front

2 Likes

Morning all

Went out first thing to get bits for breakfast and lunch tomorrow (we were going to go for Mother’s Day lunch but we cancelled that earlier in the week). Managed to pick up some bread flour, which felt like a minor victory - one bag for us and one for our friend who’s in isolation (her daughter wants to make sourdough!)

Might go to a National Trust place later seeing as they’re free at the moment. Not sure about the rest of the day. Sunny though, might dust off the Withervane.

Feels like this post is very on-brand for me.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I have a feeling we’re getting the car though. It’ll be nice to be able to get out for a walk in the countryside without having to rely on the trains I guess?

1 Like

Try and get a bigger pillow, everyone needs all the support they can get right now

4 Likes

Think we have about a hundred movies saved up to watch across various formats so going to hunker down for a film festival.

Off to my mates barbers in an hour, think the plan is to do a video for his students to watch. I’ll put a link in here if so. Will also try not to swear.

1 Like

Are you going to have :slight_smile:
Your meeting with your camel :dark_sunglasses: :slight_smile:
Via ZOOm? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

What day is it? Anyone wanna come round and drink some beers and watch old WWF matches on YouTube?

3 Likes

Make sure :slightly_smiling_face:
She doesn’t get :slightly_smiling_face: :dark_sunglasses:
The hump :sunglasses:

6 Likes