April 2021 Film News/Trailers Chat Thread

At least Sound of Metal is out tomorrow :laughing: :laughing:

Nomadland guy quoting Morrissey
CANCELLED

I missed that, what did he say?

not that much really, just referenced a morrissey quote thatā€™s also in the film
always a surprise to see him quoted in 2021 though

Pretty sure I hadnā€™t seen Lisa Kudrow in anything since Friends ended 20 years agoā€¦ and then sheā€™s popped up in 4 films Iā€™ve watched the past month or so. (Easy A / Booksmart / Girl On The Train / Long Shot)

You need to watch The Comeback at once!

1 Like

I watched Close Encounters again last night, and was struck by how much Teri Garr looked like Lisa Kudrow. Did a quick google, and it turned out she played Phoebeā€™s mum!

She should have won an Oscar for Tootsie

Sheā€™s in The Big Sick too

I really want to see Clockwatchers but very difficult to find anywhere

Itā€™s on Dailymotion

Went to check the BAFTA winners on Twitter and the anti woke mob were out in full force because it showed a slither of equal representation for the first time.

Wait until they see the Oscar winners (especially if Viola Davis wins)

1 Like

Two US cinema chains are closing down because of the pandemic and various people/websites who have spent the last 12 months yelling at people that cinemas are deathtraps and not to go to them are acting stunned and upset by this news

Wasnā€™t there something that in the period in between Lockdown 1 + 2 there were no cases/transmissions related to cinemas when they were back open? Sorry if iā€™m talking out my arse. Could be due to the app being trash thoughā€¦

Yeah there was - of course I donā€™t think you can say for sure that definitively no cases anywhere in the world were linked to cinemas as these studies will have their limits, but thereā€™s evidence to suggest theyā€™re low-risk environments and itā€™s just been disappointing seeing people and websites who claim to love films yelling at people to not visit cinemas and now acting like they couldnā€™t see this sort of thing coming

3 Likes

Yeah, iirc the thing I saw was a study in Scotland.