April 2021 Politics Thread

9 Likes

Oh dear

tbf that is the exact sort of petty shit I like to see. So obviously naff but, will wind Boris up no end.

11 Likes

Yeah, don’t mind it.

1 Like

Oh god we’re importing the performative liberal bullshit from the states.

1 Like

I dunno, it just seems so lame. I don’t see Boris getting wound up about it, it gives him the ‘he’s not taking this seriously’ argument.

There’s a lot of truth to this, I think

4 Likes

Flicking through this, I saw

and had to do a double-take, because

3 Likes

This is kind of naff, but we’d probably be going “YES KING, SLAY HIM” if this had been Corbyn tbf.

10 Likes

Feel like those Tories dislike John Lewis because it’s a worker owned busines, which is exactly the reason why John Lewis is good (I feel very strongly that I would like a JL armchair and knowing Boris Johnson would chuck one away only adds to the appeal)

It’s a weird one. My dad is a lifelong Tory, always gives me and M John Lewis vouchers for Christmas and birthday but despises Johnson

I’d say it’s got much more to do with them being toff as fuck. And most of their furniture is handed down from generation to generation. Rather than something so base as being bought from a shop.

Although if J-Lew and Co-op are going to become the kernel of a worker uprising, that’s completely fine by me.

As Michael Jopling said (and Alan Clarke recounted) of Michael Hesteltine: “The trouble with Michael is that he had to buy all his furniture”

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

Am I missing something regarding the Lib Dems? Have 2% of the country just suddenly remembered they exist? I can’t think of any other reason they’d have made gains.

They always seem to do better on the run up to mid-term elections.

Plus, I think a lot of the movement in general is Labour supporters indicating that they’re less likely to vote, which leads to a rise in other parties’ support, even if no one else is actually being added to their ‘pile’.

1 Like

Oh dear

Made it to vice

6 Likes

:+1: That’s the one. Knew there was an actual quote to be had about it but couldn’t for the life of me remember the names involved.

Of course the BBC help manufacture some kind of high ground for the Tories over Keith’s JLew visit