April Fool's Day Friday Thread

Yuuuurrrrssss

I’ll be honest with you I don’t speak French. I’m just nodding a lot and saying oui and Merci. Could be agreeing to literally anything

15 Likes

Oh yeah

Plus a peanut brittle cruffin for later

7 Likes

Being umm and aahing about going to the bakery at 10 when it opens but you have made my mind up

1 Like

This one was opened over lockdown by someone who’s like 26, absolutely disgusting behaviour

Morning all.

I’m being interviewed on Canadian college radio tonight for a music thing. Not sure where else to put that information but I’d like everyone to know so I’m bunging it in here. They’re playing a whole drone album me and another guy made as well. Not sure this is the best way to hook in listeners but it’s a very nice thing for me.

I would celebrate album release day with some beers but I’m on antibiotics for an infected hangnail. My finger has been swollen all week. I keep putting my hand in my pockets and causing myself unnecessary pain. It was a angry red for a while now it’s more pink, with a disturbing shade of yellow that’s been spreading from the fingernail outwards. Looks pretty gnarly. I was gonna post a picture but I didn’t want to put anyone off their breakfast.

Who wants to see my manky finger?
  • Show us the finger
  • This is the least appealing offer I’ve ever had
  • I have no opinion but clicking poll options gives me life

0 voters

Hope you’re all well

2 Likes

It was snowing and now it is bright and sunny

The entire UK is fooling me

Morning. #TGIFriday #amiright

Was supposed to be taking my daughter to see Dear Evan Hansen tomorrow, but we’re going to have to postpone it for the third time in a row because she’s got the 'rona. It was supposed to be her 16th birthday present and she’s now 18.

Might have a cup of tea shortly. APRIL FOOL! It will be coffee :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

I always love a classic CH post

2 Likes

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy,

Witches over here was all like “just half a bottle of delicious wine” pffftt, a whole bottle and a whisky later :roll_eyes:

Anyway, in bed! Drinking tea. Life is good cos no work today :blush:

Going to go wander to a fancier part of town today and pretend I’m a lady of leisure.

8 Likes

Taking out wor lass for a fancy schmancy date this evening.

Got my suit in a bag so will put it on before I leave work to feel a bit fancy myself

Weekend largely chill. Ballet tomorrow night, chess against a proper fiendish player on Sunday in a nice pub. Can’t lose.

1 Like

:smiley:

Definitely adding Manky Finger to the greatest hits set

1 Like

'ello, great mates.

4 Likes

I left my laptop charger in the office yesterday, and only have 40% battery left, so that’s me taking half a days leave this afternoon., as I’m really not schlepping an hour and a bit up to the office again today.

Yesterday me has April fooled today me. Screw that dickhead.

Alright all,

So it’s my last day of work (WFH) before maternity leave! I feel a bit emotional, but mostly happy cause i’m rather tired and uncomfortable alot of the time now.

Currently making sure everything is handed over/everything is tidied up before i’ve finished but looking like a quiet last day.

Getting chinese takeaway (the place that does proper nice bao buns etc) tonight to celebrate so i’m really looking forward to that accompanied by a good horror movie.

Sun is shining even though it’s cold here, so that’s nice and cheerful too :slight_smile: All in all, a decent Friday.

12 Likes

just got a message from someone with the last name Hailstones - that’s baller

The virtual training I was doing from home finished a day early and i’ve had to come into the office. I’ve sat as far away as possible from everyone, but can still hear the annoying people.

AND ON A FRIDAY?? Oh non-existent god, why must you punish me!?

Aw hope you have a lovely evening, sounds perfect. What horror film with you be watching?

1 Like

Thankyou :slight_smile: I’m really excited for it!

Well, I don’t know yet! Open to suggestions if you’ve seen any recently you’d recommend? I’ve been watching loads of older movies lately so fancy something more recent.

1 Like
4 Likes

might need some emergency toast today