April's Action Free Football Thread

Alright folks?

Would be really nice to see this current situation see a bit of a reset at the top of the game - financially, morally (if you think the actions of some clubs is immoral) etc.

Are clubs and the Premier League potentially going to shoot themselves in the foot with the paying public over some of this? Or, within a month of the restart are fans going to be blindly back on the wagon?

I’ve not really done much in the way of Prem football for a couple of years - watch the old Gazprom at times still though.

Belarus is where it’s still at. Up the Vitebsk!

Will be nice when the same politicians quoted there apply their moral vacuum theory across all industries containing overpaid individuals.

19 Likes

10 Likes

No

Yes

(actually, it’ll be less than a month, much less)

1 Like

Following the club you support on twitter is tiresome 99% of the time (cos they never shut the fuck up… it’s not like people will suddenly forget they exist), but have been enjoying some retro stuff in this past week.

I MISS FOOTBALL SO MUCH

1 Like

Remember goals?

5 Likes

Yeah, God… Goals, they were the best bit weren’t they…

1 Like

Really liked them

5 Likes

Could really go a goal right now

2 Likes

Good goals. Also sometimes ‘funny’ goals

5 Likes

You know that song that’s about all the different types of “Boys”? (might have been about “Girls” perhaps?) maybe someone could do a parody song but about “Goals” instead…

1 Like

Do you know what one of the other best bits is? When a player scores but doesn’t want to celebrate (former club or some such) but all his team mates are chasing him around trying to celebrate anyway. I really love to see that happen.

It’s become a bit too ubiquitous now IMO

Maybe you’re right, but in it’s day that was one funny thing to see.

1 Like

Fun football things

PotableNarrowBlackfly-max-1mb

1 Like

1 Like

PlaintiveUnsightlyCaribou-max-1mb

18 Likes

On the other side of the coin, in Fever Pitch Nick Hornby has a funny bit about how Malcolm McDonald would always celebrate goals even if they clearly were own goals/massive deflections/he didn’t get the final touch as if he’d just run half the length of the pitch and smashed it into the top corner (OK that’s not really the opposite situation but it’s still kind of funny)

1 Like

GreedyBackBettong-max-1mb

11 Likes