April's Action Free Football Thread

Dunno whether to take it as a compliment or not, but it absolutely was meant to be!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

2 Likes

Had this and The Strokes thread open and read that as “3 in goal and Justin Casablancas up front on his own” before realising I’d switched tabs.

1 Like

God I love this guy

17 Likes

Well you all got your wish, the Scottish league officially doesn’t exist anymore.

Did it ever?

5 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Oh ffs

3 Likes

It does exist, it’s just been distilled into its purest form, a bureaucratic shambolic bitter nightmare which nobody derives any joy from.

5 Likes

So same as usual then

Bruno Fernandes is very quickly going to get really annoying isn’t he, in a sort of walking opinion/rentaquote way? I can’t remember a player having so much chirp so soon into his big league career. Can see why you’d embrace it if it was your club, especially one which you’d have to say has lacked leaders and ‘characters’ for so long, but idk, probably me being a miserablist, but i like players to have a good stretch of form and a few trophies at a club before they appoint themselves a vice captain. Seems a bit desperate to be the new Cantona to me.

Like him a lot as a player, like, and think it will prove a good fit.

2 Likes

Proper little scrote, absolutely love him.

3 Likes

I can see why, but it feels a bit forced to me, in a sort of Jack Wilshere or Joey Barton way.

Aye, come back to me once he’s inevitably gone to shit and I’ll start going on about “pointing does not equal leadership” or some bollocks. For not though, I’m loving him. Much needed injection of someone with some fucking standards.

Sure every club is getting plenty during the break

7 Likes

Can we have a definitive list of confirmed political footballers? as per virus thread:

Peter Reid: labour left
Neville Southall: labour left
Peter Shilton: boomer brexit
Lucas Moura: Bolsanaro fascist
Gary Lineker: Centrist dad/lib dem/Cuktig??
Paulo di Canio: Mussolini

Gary Neville is a red
Is a red
Is a red

7 Likes

Lampard - Tory

3 Likes

Ronaldinho too I think.

Almost every famous Brazilian footballer is aren’t they?

2 Likes

Yeah seemingly. Kaka and Rivaldo have definitely been quite vocal about it.