April's Action Free Football Thread

Romario’s some kind of centrist
Vincent Kompany’s dad’s a mayor

1 Like

I know Socrates was left-wing, that’s about the only one I can think of who isnt/wasn’t.

Oh yeah, some notable Italian footballers/managers love fascists - Buffon, Capello, Di Canio, maybe there’s more?

2 Likes

He’s been retired for years, but Oleguer Presas was a proper comrade

4 Likes

Juninho (Lyon one) supports Lula :fist:

7 Likes

think the guy was a bit of a nutcase at sporting too, so probably legit.

Feel like I remember Wijnaldum being pro-Corbyn, but can’t find evidence from a quick google. Seems like a nice lad though, so I’m gonna believe it.

zanetti made donations to the zapatistas

4 Likes

Extremely Arsenal thing to happen on my CM01/02 game (sorry I hate it when people describe something as extremely x or whatever)

11 Likes

Oblak
Coleman Maldini Ramos Robertson
Le Tiss Kante Fernandinho
Messi Lewandowski Berbatov

Also saw my first ever rating of 2 during a match! Young Italian goalkeeper who conceded 6 in a CL game against me

Did the decent thing and signed him instantly as it turns out he’s quite good?

3 Likes

Proper Fergie style slow start for United. They knew what they were doing with that game.

I remember on CM2 (only one my parents ancient pc would run), there was a lad for Wimbledon called Duncan Jupp who I think was real who got 3 1s in a row after coming on as a sub

Ended his career at Bognor Regis Town

Well I know what I’m doing with my afternoon…

Now that’s a trophy!

8 Likes
1 Like

I’ve signed Ibrahim Said on every game i’ve started.

Come to think about it i pretty much sign the same players whoever i manage. Marco Negri on a freebie’s guaranteed goals. Then i pillage the Swedish leagues.

Wonder if it greatly disappoints Ant when people play an old version

I mostly like it when people have a nice time.

3 Likes

He’s so good as the DMC in a 4132. Bit annoying that he’s FGN but always gets a work permit.

For some reason there are a ridiculous number of incredible young Greek players on this game I’m playing.

Kalogeras, Tobros, Karadas, Perris, and Papadopoulos just in my team alone. Papadopoulos has scored an absolutely ridiculous amount of goals…