Arab strap - barrowlands

some decent pubs in merchant city which is about a 5/10min walk away. Mono, 13th note, blackfriars.

1 Like

st luke’s is a good shout actually, the food is decent in there too

2 Likes

Cheers folks.

1 Like

i know it’s the other side of town but i’m heading to The Hug & Pint before the gig. too appropriate not to :smiley:

2 Likes

there’s an official after party in sleazies on the sunday night too, think aidan’s djing at it

yeah i’ll be missing that, only over for the day. swapped my sunday ticket for saturday!

one last bump for this

They were absolutely fucking brilliant in London last night. Great set list etc but the band themselves just sounded super tight. Loads of wonderful atmospherics added to old favourites and obviously Aidan’s Aidan.

Made me really miss them as a studio presence - but we need at least a live album from this run.

1 Like

Awesome. Going tonight in Manchester. Can’t wait

it’s taking a lot of strength not to have a peak at the setlists. also trying to decide what to put down on the acoustic request form they’ll have.

having a listen to the supports, Man of Moon are decent enough but not feeling Bossy Love at all. wish they were on the other way around so i could arrive late.

Fuck me that was good

3 Likes

So so good.

1 Like

Is it worth getting there for the support?

“So we just played a couple of shows down in England…”
“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

2 Likes

I see the show was being recorded. This will go down well on the live recording :smiley:

Great show though. Was delighted with the setlist. They looked like they were having the time of their life up there.

2 Likes

how did you enjoy the barrowlands?

Very much! What a great place, loved all the old signage and the ceiling. Perfect size too.

4 Likes

yeah it looks fucking brilliant, love the neon, and it’s a great size. had so so many great nights in there.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh and I had There Is No Ending as a reading at my wedding so to hear Aidan mention it was popular at weddings made me well up (may have also been the pints, too).

1 Like

ah, didn’t realise it was being recorded! amazing

1 Like