Arcade Fire 2018

Could have been a great EP.

3 Likes

Massive fan of Put your money on me

7 Likes

I am massively struggling with this album. As someone who, for instance, likes the new Weezer album against the grain of everyone else and (more on topic) loved Reflektor, I thought I’d be flying in the face of everyone else’s opinion. But I’m not. There are, I think, three songs on there I like. But much of it is (to these ears) dull beyond repair or actually dreadful. Or, in the case of Good God Damn, both.

I just couldn’t be arsed trying with it. The first t play or two was so poor I gave up and listened to other things I knew I liked. Like the Broken Social Scene record.

2 Likes

This isn’t the Broken Social Scene 2017 thread pal

1 Like

Glad to see I have stimulated debate and we have all agreed this is a good album.

2 Likes

It’s a decent comparison though

1 Like

It’s not as the BSS album is really good, and this isn’t

7 Likes

Meh

1 Like

This thread actually made me go back and have another listen just to see.

Thanks for that. Really

5 Likes

alright @sheeldz ya turncoat

Glad I could be of service

Well that was fucking sensational.

2 Likes

Great show on Wednesday night, the boxing ring set up really improves the vibe of an arena show, which I usually avoid at all costs. Good view for pretty much everyone in the house. I rarely listen to Neon Bible, but really enjoyed the three song stretch of Neon Bible > My Body Is A Cage > Intervention. I had forgotten how much I loved Intervention when it came out as a single. Personal highlights were Sprawl II and Reflektor. Not sure they’ll ever actually top Sprawl II in their career, and Reflektor got really nice and noisy.

Think The Pretenders are really naff but my mum got excited for Chrissie Hynde so swings and roundabouts

5 Likes

Was at the Dublin show last Friday. Best I’ve ever seen them. Amazing scenes.

1 Like

I think it’s time for Win and Will to retire the holding the guitar high in the air move

Loved Will bouncing off the ropes like an indie Ultimate Warrior!

1 Like

Seen the set list and feeling much better about Birmingham on Sunday - only 5 real tracks off Everything Now and they’re all the good/half-decent ones :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Mate they are on fire

Glad to hear it, but they could have reformed R.E.M on stage and I’d have still bottled them if they played Chemistry, Infinite Content or Signs of Life.

9 Likes