Arcade Fire Thread (Rolling) - CW: Discussion re sexual misconduct from post 1647 onwards.

Noooo

1 Like

me RN at them all just hanging out at the front

More than that in the end, but annoying that the stream has been cut when apparently the gig isn’t done.

Laugh if they are all there for the next hour trying to figure out what they are meant to do to get them to do another song. It never happens everybody leaves.

They probably have to resubscribe.

1 Like

Honestly If the final song isn’t this…

then what are they even doing?

4 Likes

topical

Figured it out then

3 Likes

We’re doing livestream chats now are we

Not any more, the Livestream’s finished

Nah, you missed it. :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, I quite like doing it when I’m watching a live gig on the TV. By way of contrast, when I see a tweet with a picture from the crowd saying “X are killing it right now”, it irks the heck out of me. If you’re having an amazing gig, why would you be telling people about it while it’s still on?

I mean … I regularly send texts or pics to friends while I’m at gigs saying “I’m here it’s great”? Takes 10 seconds then you can be back into the moment

1 Like

Hmmm. I have probably been a bit harsh there, haven’t I? Sorry.

It’s just an opinion, be as irked as you like! And I’m all for hating on Twitter for any reason :smiley:

I do get some of your point anyway, as much as I do it I also know that there’s plenty of people who will post about having a great time, and then proceed to ignore the gig for the purpose of being online. So maybe just better and worse ways to do it (and I’m clearly in the right ofc)

1 Like

No, you make a good point and I was hasty. I mean, I have seen people spending the entire gig photographing, videoing and social media-ing in front of me, but I suspect a lot of people are just doing exactly what you describe here.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 230703

Encore 2 (Encores Beyond Encores)

23 Likes

i take a couple of pics and video snippets but they don’t get posted anywhere or sent to anyone until the gig is over

2 Likes

What an incredible experience. Some notes:

• Win gave some wristbands to some ticketless fans shortly before doors.
  • The Lightning and End of Empire were the best of the new songs live; the latter, musically at least, is the most ‘Funeral’-ish thing they’ve done in yonks. Win was obviously nervous about performing the latter for the first time (hence him cutting off the livefeed)- Regine gave him a little “you can do it!” which was quite sweet. He did have a little strop though when his guitar strings broke halfway through.
  • Generation A was decent enough, and Rabbit Hole does pick up after its woefully cringey initial verses.
  • Reflektor is a solid-gold banger now, and the two Everything Now tracks sounded fantastic.
  • Tunnels, as ever, was the best.
  • As someone who has seen them “quite a few times” over the years, I can’t remember the last time the band looked like they were enjoying themselves so much. Regine in particular looked like she has having a ball.
  • Probably the best audience of all the London warm-up shows, and I’ve been to at least one on every tour since Neon Bible.

10/10, would endure Win’s rhyming again.

46 Likes

Fantastic post :clap:

1 Like

Guess I’ll finally have to see them eh