Arcade Fire Thread (Rolling) - CW: Discussion re sexual misconduct from post 1647 onwards.

and I thought the gorillaz song would be the shittest Id hear this year

They’ve written loads of good stuff

2 Likes

This is utter dross.

Ha, pretty much the first thing I thought when I heard the chorus was that this ad been written to get an advertising deal.

My controversial album ranking:

Reflektor > The Suburbs > Funeral > Neon Bible

2 Likes

Funeral>Reflektor>The Suburbs>Neon Bible

4 Likes

Sounds about right. And Neon Bible is still a perfectly decent album with a bunch of brilliant songs on it.

3 Likes

To me Funeral is essentially by a different band to the other records. Not because they’ve changed their sound, just that they’ve failed to really capture the essence of what made the band great on that record on any of their other albums. Neon Bible came the closest I guess, using the grandiose and the Gothic to give the illusion of the same degree of urgency. Otherwise they’ve been a solid but not great indie rock band.

Fwiw: Funeral>Neon Bible>The Suburbs>Reflektor

10 Likes

Absolutely. It’s one of those “if it were by any other band” sort of albums.

Fuck the haters

Neon Bible > Funeral > Reflektor > The Suburbs

5 Likes

Funeral > The Suburbs > Neon Bible > Reflektor.

9 Likes

Neon Bible > Funeral > The Suburbs > Reflektor

2 Likes

Neon Bible > Funeral >>>>>>>>>>Reflektor>>>>>>x Infinity>>>>>>Suburbs

I’m done with the Arcade Fires.

Went through a phase of being absolutely obsessed with this song (it’s where I got my username)

11 Likes

Funeral>Neon Bible>Reflektor>>>>>>Suburbs

Was a super-fan back in the day, I’m not so much now- their lyrics have gone to shit, their instrumentation is more pedestrian and their new songs too often would be much improved with editing- but they’re still one of my favourite live bands.

3 Likes

Suburbs>Neon Bible>Reflektor=Funeral

1 Like

Does the fact that everybody’s ranking is completely different prove that they’re truly a band of note? No? No.

Funeral>Suburbs=Neon Bible>Reflektor

New song is baaaaad btw

1 Like

The Suburbs > Funeral > Reflektor > Neon Bible

IMO The Suburbs is a masterpiece, Funeral is arguably a more concise and bigger statement but it’s such a dense LP I’m rarely in the mood to hear it. Had a phase where I thought Reflektor was brilliant but ultimately it’s pretty hollow.

4 Likes