ArcTanGent 2017

PM’ed!

One of those “quite entertaining live, never managed to quite cut it on record” type bands, in my IMHO opinion.

Absolutely this. Would still see them if I was going though, after Cleft last year I think ATG’s a good place to see these sorts of bands sign off.

Did heck used yo be Chickenhawk?

Is this legit

No, they used to be Baby Godzilla, then Godzilla’s lawyers got on the phone or something.

Ohhh yeah i recall

Went for the day today having never been before. Really enjoyed (John) Totorro & FOTL. Russian Circles, barring a couple of technical hiccups, were as colossally brilliant as ever. Fucking LOUD, and Death Rides A Horse to finish was an unexpected treat - had never seen them play it. Great, obviously.

Seems a good little fest, will probably go next year.

I like the idea of a city destroying monster having lawyers on hand. Actually, it makes perfect sense!

2 Likes

chickenhawk changed their name to hawk eyes

Sad times, brilliant live band.

POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!

“If you didn’t want your city destroyed, then maybe you shouldn’t have built it in a known Giant Lizard Migration Path?”

4 Likes

Weekend reports please.

yeah ^this. gutted i couldnt go in the end

Anyone see Boris and can tell me what their set was made up of? They’re playing here on Wednesday and I’m hoping for something good

1 Like

Aye I’m goin to that gig too. Looks like they’ve been playing the new album in full

The festival was superb as always. Stand out performances from Jambinai, HO99O9, worriedaboutsatan, Blanket, Tricot and sleepmakeswaves. EITS, Nordic Giants, Russian Circles and Tall Ships all bought their a game.

I don’t know that much by Boris, but they only played one track off the pink album. Last.

TTNG bought out their old singer and announced they will be touring Animals with the original line-up.

A great weekend of music, despite the adverse weather.

1 Like

TTNG bought out their old singer and announced they will be touring Animals with the original line-up.

Does this mean yer man from Pennines won’t be playing with them that tour?

Unsure. He played guitar when they rolled out the old singer, so maybe it’s a mixed lineup.

I forgot to mention Listener in the highlights, they were great too.