ArcTanGent Festival rolling.

Same. Love the festival but the weather and camping was shite last time and i left early on the saturday as id had enough. Will stay at chez @jimmyhuntspill next time (thanks for the invite)

3 Likes

Battles plus all the bands who play every year just added. Nice.

Also, in an inexplicably small font - AK/DK. Nice booking.

Yep, pretty happy with that, with quite a few bands left to come I think.

3 Likes

I’m into quite a lot of that.

2 Likes

As ever, I’d really like to go to that, and almost certainly won’t.

7 Likes

i’ve been 3 times over the years, including the first one. it’s always been fantastic but the weather can be an absolute nightmare. that’s the only thing putting me off, as i absolutely hate camping and doing it in the rain is the absolute pits.

however, i think this is pretty much nailed on as my first one since 2016. looking forward to it, just crossing my fingers about the weather and doing some searching for a decent air mattress…

1 Like

A whole lot of this.

Can’t afford it most years, definitely can’t afford it in my wedding year. Shame as I already count 13 bands I wanna see and they’re not even done yet.

1 Like

Holy shit this is right up my street.

Same weekend as Green Man - fuck.

2 Likes

Just bought my tickets again! Pretty keen to see Battles and AK/DK again (amongst others). Fingers crossed for half-decent weather.

You can get 10% off today with “Hot_Damn_I_Need_A_Ticket_Before_This_Puppy_Sells_Out” (minus speech marks)

Proper bloke fest innit

1 Like

It is indeed, apart from us few women with niche/“blokey” music tastes :wink: .

2 Likes

Really happy with those additions. I was considering going to Leeds to watch Daughters because I’m on holiday when they play Bristol, problem now solved!

2 Likes

Sorry, to clarify I’m solely talking about the lineup

I get ya, normally true of the lineup and attendees though

Thought it was quite funny last year when Rolo Tomasi unironically thanked the organisers for always making an effort to book women*, but really they probably do the best they can in this regard, there just aren’t many women in these kinds of bands.

*I think they were also including 2000 Trees in that, where the genres represented make it a lot easier to book bands with women in.

Line up featuring only bands containing female members. Zeal & Ardor is being generous as it’s realky a solo project with touring members.

Whew lads!

3 Likes

You forgot Pijn.

1 Like

Who could they have that would fit? Chelsea Wolfe is an obvious one which springs to mind. Everyone else I can think of has already played.

?

Apologies if I got the wrong band or I’m missing something

They could diversify a bit?