Are most people you work with cunts?

Not cunts, mostly just a bit dull. My current contract is with a well-known motor brand so there are lots and lots of car/motorbike bores who work in the business generally.

What we do have (not on my team, which is majority-female, but everywhere else) is an old-school boys-club management mentality which creates lots of those pricks who think they’re hilarious because everyone obsequiously laughs at their crap jokes.

My best mate however has just started a new job and a month in, his team are now comfortable enough around him to let the defences down and start with the casual racism. I’ve been lucky enough to never experience that.

Nope - charity sector. Pretty much a zero cunt zone.

I would contend that too many people who work in the charity sector are too nice, but that’s a different matter.

Worried some of them might read DiS eh?

2 Likes

I agree. However I used to report to someone who once began a performance review with the question ‘why is it okay for black people to use the n-word but not white people?’ It wasn’t any kind of test, it was a genuine enquiry, and she didn’t say ‘n-word’, she said the actual word. At work. In an appraisal. She enjoyed The Wire, but somehow the lesson she got out of it was that all black people are drug dealers.

So yeah, she was one (and no doubt still is).

Current place (not for profit healthcare) is a great bunch of lad tbh tbf :+1:

Having previously spent 15 years working in broking/investment banking/general City finance however…there are a lot of cunt heavy workplaces out there :neutral_face:

What proportion of your colleagues do you reckon vote Tory?

• 0%
  • <10%
  • <25%
  • <50%
  • about half
  • 50%

• 75%

• 90%

• Everyone except me
  • 100%

0 voters

kin ell

2 Likes

Not cunts, no.

But definitely a very high volume of weirdos and psychopaths.

What on earth has gone on here?

2 Likes

What proportion of your etc

• 0%
  • <10%
  • <25%
  • <50%
  • about half
  • over 50%
  • over 75%
  • over 90%
  • Everyone except me
  • 100%

0 voters

3 Likes

5 Likes

Reckon about half my team doesn’t even vote

they count as tories effectively

4 Likes

I’ve worked in devolved legislatures and various government departments and agencies. I reckon I could count the number of my civil / public servant colleagues who vote Tory on one hand.

1 Like

Everyone in my place is really lovely.

Architects’ offices are usually pretty good and friendly places to work. The only times when I’ve seen it be a problem when people are being made redundant. The last place I worked at wasn’t always a nice place to be between 2010 and 2013.

Nope, great bunch of people by and large. A couple a bit miserable, but those worse than that don’t tend to last very long or have any bad behaviour tolerated. Having a social mission helps, as maybe does having mostly women in the leadership roles (I was the only male out of ten in the management team for most of last year)?

Like Moyes-era Everton, we tend to consider character as much as ability during recruitment and it generally pays off. There’s always a secret interview in the staff room while candidates are waiting for their real one too - closet arseholes often slip up and get sifted out here.

hard to tell because pretending to be nice is the best way of climbing the ladder

2 Likes

I think maybe 3 people out of 45
The only tacked on one is the extremely wealthy girl who plays sax for her church. But she’s still nice annoyingly.

The team I’m on, nope. They’re all sound and really supportive when I’m going through a bad patch like I currently am.

The team I manage (20 people), I’ve probably got 5 I’d call cunts. Really disruptive, draining and impossible.

What are your options for sacking them?