Are there any famous people that you regularly see out and about?

Not particularly famous but I see Jennie Bond in Tesco all the time, usually in the wine aisle. Also Andy & Owen Farrell are always about (famous in the eggball world I guess). I’m assuming you big city types will have lots of good answers to this and all the Brighton people will say Super Hans.

1 Like

Live in Birmingham City Centre and never see anybody here! Have seen Joe Lycett a couple of times on nights out but why don’t celebs want to come to Birmingham? :frowning:

Richard Hawley.

Work at mediacity so see quite a lot of famous people there obviously. Queued for a bagel behind Craig Charles last week

3 Likes

Sometimes I ride my bike past Enya’s castle (not a euphemism)

But I’ve never seen her
Don’t know what she looks like these days tbh

Bertie Ahern drinks in my local (seen him once)

5 Likes

This is the best sentence I’ll read today.

11 Likes

I regularly see an SDLP MLA hanging around Botanic Avenue.

That’s about it really. Used to see a few BBC NI newsreaders around the BBC building but for a while. Never see any of the UTV ones since they moved out of their old building.

When I was a kid Sarah Lancashire, Micheal Le Vell and Sean Wilson always on different Saturdays in Sainsbury’s back in Oldham. Corrie actors don’t do weekly shops.

Saw Gary Windass a fair bit round Spinningfields when I used to work there, more than any other celeb.

Audrey Roberts on King Street a fair bit.

Basically if you haven’t seen someone from Corrie in Manchester have you been to Manchester.

Used to see a fair few BBC sports people in the Booths at Mediacity when we lived there for a bit guess that list has expanded in the last 8ish years.

5 Likes

Numerous Wigan and St Helens rugby league players

‘Reverend’ Jon ‘The Rev’ McClure is often out and about. Surprisingly massive bloke and gives off pure cocaine energy

1 Like

See the bassist of Everything Everything at nearly every gig I go to.

Used to share an off license with John Cooper Clarke in Colchester

Do you go and see Everything Everything a lot?

9 Likes

Bassist from late Spacemen 3 / early Spiritualized lived here for a bit and I’d see him at gigs sometimes. Haven’t seen him in a little while so not sure whether he’s still around here.

See Stuart Murdoch a lot.

Will Carruthers?

That’s him

1 Like

His book is a good read.

Oliver Jeffers kid goes to ballet lessons in the class after my kid, so he’s there at pick up a fair bit

1 Like

Yeah so I’ve heard, must pick it up some time

1 Like

No

Edit: oh wait have thought of one, yer man from Idles was always about near my old house.

1 Like