Are there any famous people that you regularly see out and about?

I’ve been in that pub!

1 Like

The jukebox doesn’t work anymore :worried:

2 Likes

He’s a really lovely man.

4 Likes

Since when? I was in there a few months back, and they opened it up to show Jimbo the inner works of it lifting the records across

Anyway - Brighton celebs I haven’t seen: Steve Coogan, Nick Berry, Zoella, Peter Andre, Heather Mills

Apparently Orbital used to do their shopping at Vogue Gyratory Sainsburys.

I saw in the Guardian the other day that Jane Horrocks has moved down to Brighton now. I wonder who’ll be the first to spot her

2 Likes

We were in there the night of CMAt and there was a sign saying it doesn’t work anymore

Yeah - the Levellers own a studio down here called Metlife, which does a lot of work with upcoming bands, which I’m sure must be subsidised

1 Like

When I lived in Bath I used to see Nicolas Cage sometimes and Massive Attack were always in Sainsburys.

1 Like

Boo!

We should add CMAT to the list of Brighton celebs too.

1 Like

Quite funny always used to know when a new Everything Everything record was being made/announced (pandemic has fucked this) cause for about 4 weeks before it was announced I’d see him at a gig in Manchester at least 3 times a week. From Arc to when they released In Birdsong you could virtually set your watch by it.

1 Like

I’ve been inside there

It’s haunted apparantly

Saw all their amps and the art of the one who does art

None of the levellers were present

1 Like

I see my MP sometimes, she’s a Labour frontbencher. Usually wears a beret, rocks it quite well tbh.

Presume I would’ve seen at least one Geordie Shore person but I guess I wouldn’t recognise quite a few of them now anyway so maybe I have.

Are we counting MPs, cos I see Caroline Lucas out and about too

I see some famous Irish broadcasters sometimes when I’m home, including at mass a couple of times.

Our TD was apparently at a family funeral which is common and in hindsight it’s good I didn’t know that at the time as I might have caused a scene.

1 Like

Have seen the main one from Derry Girls round the clubs in Liverpool loads

welsh handegg people
drakeford if that counts

1 Like

When I worked in Uttoxeter used to see Roy Wood about the town centre now and again.

1 Like

Derry Girls Sister Michael GIF by Laurène Boglio

1 Like

John Robb
Bez
Craig Parkinson from Line of Duty
Pete from Elbow
Dave Haslam
Badly Drawn Boy
Katy from cbeebies
Andy from cbeebies
Rupert Hill and Jenny Platt
Lee from Alfie

I see these guys almost daily at times. Admittedly some are not so famous.

4 Likes

In the past 6 months I have seen Matthew Modine, Richard Ayoade, Greg Davies, Kevin Day and Rory Kinnear in Oval.

3 Likes

Stuart Braithwaite from Mogwai lives round the corner so see him loads, usually walking his dogs.
Stephen Pastel often spotted wandering around our way as well, combine that with seeing him behind the counter in mono and he’s practically family.
Also the lesser spotted Stuart Murdoch, saw him up a tree in Kelvingrove Park once but usually he’s on his bike
Also some semi famous Scottish actor who is often in crime dramas, can’t think of his name though (not Martin Compton)